• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New guy from Oregon

johnpsz

Hey all,

I'm new here, doing a lot of research for my '67 coupe restomod project. I moved from the east coast (rust belt) to Oregon 8 years ago, and I have had this car for 11 years later this week. I had some troubles with it (kept stalling, carb issue) then when moving it cross country I had a little trailer mishap and it caused some damage to the car. My trailer (28' enclosed trailer with the mustang and my household belongings) lost an axle in Wyoming, the trailer axle came through the trailer floor and into the mustangs fender/rocker panel, some items shifted and fell on the car. I was a bit frustrated and needed to just finish the move, so I rented a storage space in Wyoming and uhaul to get our household goods to Oregon. 2 years later I finally was able to get back and get the stuff out of storage in Wyoming and the mustang home with me, and stuffed it into my garage. Unfortunately, It has just sat in the garage and became a storage shelf until I recently got the bug to restore it. Here are some pictures I have now, more to come when I finish uncovering it. 20150914_123405.jpg 20150914_123140.jpg

Welcome to the fix. That's one strange accident with an enclosed trailer, for sure!
What part of Oregon are you located? I used to live in Corvallis and married a gal from Eugene.

Welcome to the fix. That's one strange accident with an enclosed trailer, for sure!
What part of Oregon are you located? I used to live in Corvallis and married a gal from Eugene.
Apparently, one of the axle bearings overheated and everything on the spindle departed the trailer, and the axle was hopping up and down and at one point popped through the plywood floor and tagged the Mustang. We are in the southern suburbs of Portland, near Oregon City.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Moving from the rust belt to Portland, you are probably one of only two or three dozen normal folks there.

Welcome, I am excited to follow your progress.
And I have been to all but three or four of the 50 states. Oregon is one of them. Idaho, Hawaii and Alaska are the others. But anyway, welcome to the nut house

Pat Mack...camachinist......is in Bend...near Coos Bay
Moved their from Kerman, Calif
OK, to tell how unknowledgeable of Oregon I am; I assumed, when I heard people talk about Coos Bay it was near the ocean, and I know Bend is in the high desert, lol...

I'm actually in the southern suburbs of Portland, closer to Oregon City.

OK, to tell how unknowledgeable of Oregon I am; I assumed, when I heard people talk about Coos Bay it was near the ocean, and I know Bend is in the high desert, lol...

I'm actually in the southern suburbs of Portland, closer to Oregon City.

Coos Bay is close to NORTH Bend. Nowhere near Bend.

Back