• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Ignition switch, no turn over...

Alright, so I put the new ignition switch in, I just checked to make sure it was plugged in all the way. and it wont turn over. Why? I have power because the light is on. Any ideas?

If you have a wiring schematic, use it to verify ALL the wiring for the running of the car. If no schematic, get one and study it. They are not hard to figure out. With, what seems to be several issues surrounding the start and run of your car, you really need to check out the wiring for correctness.

"southern_boy" said:
Alright, so I put the new ignition switch in, I just checked to make sure it was plugged in all the way. and it wont turn over. Why? I have power because the light is on. Any ideas?

Did you adjust the switch after you installed it?
Loosen the nuts so switch will slide, turn key to acc position and slide switch downward to point where acc comes on and tighten nuts.
There should be a springback feeling now when you go to start position.

"Mach1Rider" said:
Did you adjust the switch after you installed it?
Loosen the nuts so switch will slide, turn key to acc position and slide switch downward to point where acc comes on and tighten nuts.
There should be a springback feeling now when you go to start position.

Should I just be able to turn the key to acc. Because Im not sure that any of my Acc. do work lol.

Yes if you use the volt meter attached to the acc lead on the switch to verify the connection was make before tightening the nuts.

If you have lights with the key in the on position, your problem of No crank could be in the sol red/blue wire is open.
Auto, check neut switch for adjust/connection.
Stick, insure jumper is connected at firewall plug

Back