• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New MTF Dash Pad

mustangstofear

Plug work for our new dash pad. It won't be long now. We have corrected a lot of issues with original dashes, such as the sag in the front on both sides and we have added a little bit of an arch. We made sure the AC registers on both sides will fit and line up nicely. It will even have notches on the front edge like OE had to make it easier to line up your lower windshield molding.

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

DSC00993.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that for 67/8? My 67 has a sag in the speaker grille area. I hate to change it, but it really bugs me.

The first car show I ever entered was Laurie's and the night before I was in ER getting stitches due to a knife cut trimming the dash pad to fit the front windshield. I forgot the time change from Cali to AZ and we got there an hour later than I wanted to and an hour and a half before checking. So I got very little sleep that day! So that pad has some sentimental value, but the sag is driving me crazy.

I do have to get the wife to funnel some money to the cars though....

Mel

Do you have a price guestimate on what you might be asking for these sweet pieces once they are done?

I never have a cost of the part or even the cost for the molds until it is completed. I should know that this week though. The next one with the built in gauge pod should be very popular.

The pods on top?

Oh, no speaker holes are just fine since I don't have a speaker there anyway.

Prices would be good so I know how much to ask for.

Mel

The pod will go right on top in the middle, it will all be molded in one piece for a cleaner look. Plus the gauges will be angled towards the driver, how cool is that ?

So will they look/feel like an original sans speaker holes? I'll be looking forward to pics of the finished product. Available in stock colors? (mines red).
Jon

They will be in black only, but you can dye this material any color you want. The padded vinyl is already bonded on to the ABS, and we are limited on colors.

Where we are now. We bumped up the thickness from .180 to .220 which really firmed up the dash a lot more. Now that we know how thick we can go we will order the ABS with the vinyl already attached to it.

Just bumping this up to see if there is any further movement on these dash pads. Looked like they were coming along but I don't see them on your website.
Do you have pricing or a finished product now?
Thanks!

Back