• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New paint guns

apollard

I've been spotting in a few places my old M5 getting it ready for sale, and have been unsing my old touch up gun and siphon feed guns. It's been a while since I painted, but they did great - as far as finish. However, they blow through paint like there's no tomorrow, and at the prices these days, that gets expensive quick. So, a guy here at work told me about these DeVilbiss guns he uses for his rods. Darn nice jobs, many of which are not even wet sanded, but still look great. So, I looked them up and was pleasantly suprised at the price - it's the 'Starting Line' set from DeVilbiss - two guns (1.8 & 1.3) with a 1.5 tip, and accessories in a nice case for $125 shipped. Psyched to run some material through them, I'll report back when I see how they do.

Tool p*rn:
275-010312100208.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
use the 1.3 for your basecoats, 1.5 for clear & the 1.8 for primer. develbiss are pretty good guns. i used one for a long time until i upgraded to my sata's. shot my 40 & pop's truck with a develbiss.

I've used Devilbiss guns for 30 years +-, never had a problem with them. That's what is currently out in the garage. Painted many a car and cabinet with them.

Back