• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New shoes!!!

Kats66Pny

Took a week to get the tires shipped.. but got them put on my new wheels this morning. :yah

683-190712132142.jpeg

683-190712132228.jpeg

Kind of hard to tell the width in the picture but they are wide. :roll

Last edited by a moderator:
17x9 with 245/40 & 17x10.5 with 315/35

and I will be getting windows tinted soon! :char Its next on the to-do list.

That's what the guys at the shop said. Said it looked like a totally different car and looked 'bad ass' with those fat tires. They wouldn't even let me see it until it was all finished! lol

There is one thing that bugs me though.. I think the car needs to be lowered some now. Maybe 1/2"? :confu That big gap between the fender and top of the tire bugs me more now that before.

I suggest Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Not too low and quality product. I have used them on three cars.

I won't be going overboard on this pony. Just tinted windows, high flow cats, and maybe cold air induction. Other than that.. leaving it alone. Especially since I don't really have anything to do on Gertrude right now. I'm waiting for the weather to cool off before I start body work. She needs front end alignment fixed, but other than that...nothing to do/fix so might as well make the DD and look & sound good. :thu

I suggest Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

Hmm thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into that.

Are the new tires the same height as the old ones? Shouldn't be a larger gap(indicating smaller diameter tire).....that will throw off the odometer and speedometer.

"AzPete" said:
Are the new tires the same height as the old ones? Shouldn't be a larger gap(indicating smaller diameter tire).....that will throw off the odometer and speedometer.

The old tires were 245/50/16 all the way around. The gap is about the same then I guess.

It is hard to tell from the metric size indicators. You need to compare the actual height of each size by brand because there is a wide difference from different brands.

Tire rack has that info under the specs listing of each tire if they have the brands you are dealing with.

nice wheels! (for 17s hahaha).

the SN95s were often referred to as 4x4s....really benefit from a nice set of lowering springs.
eibach's are favored by most.
you may also need to go to adjustable caster/camber plates.

congrats!

Looks good. I have had a few of these cars and really like these years. I agree with the Eibach spring. Don't waste your money on cold air intake. I would just mod your existing intake and install a K&N filter. You should get the Mach 1 blackout panel that goes between the tailights and in the area of the license plate, and put some black letters in the rear bumper cover.

"rollinsmoke65" said:
You should get the Mach 1 blackout panel that goes between the tailights and in the area of the license plate, and put some black letters in the rear bumper cover.

That's the plan. :thu I'd also like to change the hood and front bumper.

Sounds good. Which bumper and hood ya gonna go with. Did you do the mach one grille delete yet? Also ya should add a 7" stub ant.

I see either a 99-04 Saleen or GT saleen clone being in my garage in the next few years. I love them in those years.

Back