• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to site and a question

Dave Stahl

Building an E-vert and wondering what to do with supporting the radiator.
I have installed the Rod and Custom front end and have removed my strut rod brackets at the frame.
Do any of you have ideas on how to support the bottom of the radiator.
I see angle iron used on cars and then stock brackets welded to them but was hopeing to make it look better.

Welcome to the site!

Couple things,

First, look through Dave Sanborns gallery, his 65/66 has a similar front end and he has a lot of build pics.

Second, you could make up a plate like they use on the Classic Performance product kit and mount the bottom of the radiator to the support piece, I think this would also help to support/stiffen the front end.

300906008.jpg

While you've removed your strut rod brackets, your front crossmember should still be in it's factory location. I sat the bottom of my radiator on the lip of the crossmember and fabbed up some brackets to attach both the bottom and top of the radiator.

Good ideas, I'll check Dave's gallery, If I get creative I'd like to copy the bracket in your picture. fast68back... Is it 1/4" plate that I'd make it from or less?

I'm not sure of the size, you could probably call them and inquire about the kit and ask about the size plate, that way they wont think you just want the size of the plate....

here it is installed (its not my car or I would go measure it for you)

304915597.jpg

304916517.jpg

Back