• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NewB

6t9mach1

Hi everyone, I'm Ryan. I notice quite a few names around here from VMF, so it is nice to see so many familiar names!

For those who dont know me I'm 28 years old, married and from northeast Ohio. I work for my family's commercial construction company as the Director of Business Development. In my spare time I usually work on my Mach 1 which I have owned for going on 4 years now. The car is a 25+ year old restoration that is still hanging together quite well. Most of the modifications I have made have been performance based. This was my dream car growing up. I always wanted a black, 69 Mach 1 and now I'm building it to my style. I've always been around Mustangs; my first vehicle was a 68 fastback. My dad currently has a 68 GT fastback 390, 4-speed car and my mom drives an '06 GT.

I've got several big projects going on this winter that you can follow in the projects section. The short version is I'm building a Canfield headed, solid roller 357w that I guesstimate will be in the 520hp-530hp range. I'm also installing an AODE transmission and a 4.11, 9" Detroit locker center section. Shall be fun...

Welcome aboard Ryan, Craig will be along with the "special" brownies :pbj

Welcome to the nuthouse. Please grab your white straight jacket on the way in.

This place is like the Hotel California...one you check in you never check out. Or is that the roach motel??? :lol :lol

"daveSanborn" said:
Welcome aboard!

What are your plans to get that AODE to withstand the HP/TQ of that monster motor?

Thanks Dave...good to see you around. I was planning on going with an AOD till I talked it over with the guy I had the trans built by. The AODE's internals are a little tougher than the AOD's and the input shaft is alot tougher so I'm starting with a stout base. The trans has heavy duty race clutches and frictions, as well as extra clutches in each drum, Kevlar bands, A+ servo and a manual valve body which allowed me to get a little more hp capacity out of this trans. My builder says its good to 550hp+...we shall see, lol! A stock AOD is good to 450hp; with these modifications, especially the manual valve body, plus the benefits of the increased strength of the AODE I think that it should hold the motor just fine.

Welcome to the Dark Side Ryan. :pbj You might want to stay away from Craig's brownies, at least until the colonoscopy is over with. :craz We do have cookies and one of the mods will be by tomorrow the beer. :pep fd

Back