• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie fuse issue...heater not working?

I replaced all the fuses in my 67. Replaced the heater core as well. What is the obvious next step to ascertain why my heater/defroster won't come on?
No noise, no nothing. The car came with factory air but it is now removed. Thanks for any information.

I believe 67 was the year vacuum doors were introduced into the heater system. Those vacuum hoses are notorious for rotting out and thus the system doesn't work well. I'd check that after determining whether the fan works or not (a purely electrical function). To check the electrical system, simply disconnect the two wires going to the fan motor and check voltages there. The brown wire should have a full 12V (it's the line connected to the fuse box) and the yellow wire goes to the resistor network and eventually to ground.

Awesome, thanks Mid. I'll check it tomorrow. I have an inkling that I will also need to just rewire the car, although it's way out of my skill set. The car simply has not been maintained well through the years, I'm undoing a lot of neglect.

Back