• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie Here - Just Recently Found About You Guys

rmarks

Greetings StangFixers,

Newbie here. I've been over on VMF for 9 years (was marksrs, now rmarks like here) and just recently saw a post that mentioned this site. Glad I saw it and became a member on New Years Day. Wish I would have know about it a lot sooner. Good to see a bunch of folks I remember, great discussions and cool rides/projects.

:ecit

I'm a member of MCA and Team Shelby and have had several mustangs over the years (my first car in HS was a 71 302 coupe), but my Mustang for the last 5 years is a 69 GT convertible. I also have a 04 Mustang V6 coupe that my daughter Shelby drives. I'm currently living/stationed in Hawaii (active duty USAF for 28 years).

See you around the forum and hopefully at some events after I move back to the mainland in July (not sure where yet).

Welcome to the dark side.

Your pis is in HI, right? I seem to remember that park from somewhere....

Nice car.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
Welcome to the dark side.

Your pis is in HI, right? I seem to remember that park from somewhere....

Nice car.

Mel

Yes, the pic was taken on Hickam AFB, the water in the background is the channel to Pearl Harbor.

Yes welcome to the Dark Side. I do remember you from the vmf (yes that is not a bad word here and we have been known to post a link to some info at the vmf). Before you went to HI where were you stationed? fd

"FordDude" said:
Yes welcome to the Dark Side. I do remember you from the vmf (yes that is not a bad word here and we have been known to post a link to some info at the vmf). Before you went to HI where were you stationed? fd

Last assignment was at Scott AFB, IL, near St Louis, MO. Also been stationed at: Andersen AFB, Guam; Dover AFB, DE; Little Rock AFB, AR; Wright-Patterson AFB, OH; Maxwell AFB, AL, Hickam AFB, HI, (the first time); Randolph AFB, TX; Keesler AFB, MS; Chanute AFB, IL; Holloman AFB, NM; Vance AFB, OK; Lackland AFB, TX; and Williams AFB, AZ.

"rmarks" said:
Last assignment was at Scott AFB, IL, near St Louis, MO. Also been stationed at: Andersen AFB, Guam; Dover AFB, DE; Little Rock AFB, AR; Wright-Patterson AFB, OH; Maxwell AFB, AL, Hickam AFB, HI, (the first time); Randolph AFB, TX; Keesler AFB, MS; Chanute AFB, IL; Holloman AFB, NM; Vance AFB, OK; Lackland AFB, TX; and Williams AFB, AZ.

You have been around a little bit for sure, but that is the life of a career Air Force dude. I guess that I was in just a little before you. Jimmy was my C-in-C and I was discharged just before Ronny took office. I was with TAC, but I know that type of structure has changed since my time. Any plans where you will end up when it is all said and done, or will you be like AZPete and tour the country in your RV. :ecit Again glad that the vmf allowed the "chevy adds post" so that you could be here, and thank you for serving our country. fd

"FordDude" said:
Any plans where you will end up when it is all said and done, or will you be like AZPete and tour the country in your RV.

Years ago the plan (dream) was to tour the country in an RV with a Mustang in tow hitting the show circuit. But...hard to say for sure, SWMBO of 25 years wants to retire in San Antonio, TX, where she's from. We still have a house there and she has family there as well. I'm from Phoenix (grew up near Chicago though) and I wouldn't mind ending up there where my family is.

In the end, probably will settle down where my second career (civilian job) takes us.

Welcome! Love your car. :coo
It's always nice to get another vert on here, especially a 69 or 70.

Be sure to check out the car of the month contest for February.

"RapidRabbit" said:
Welcome! Love your car. :coo
It's always nice to get another vert on here, especially a 69 or 70.

Be sure to check out the car of the month contest for February.

I got one of those...

sgtjunior3.jpg

Back