• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dne'

Hi! dne' here! or Sportbikechick,
I'm in West Houston, and working on my '67 Mustang. I wanted a Mustang project to keep me busy for a while! Sluggo has been coaching me and I'm finding myself to need a lot of coaching! I got the rolling chassis 8 months ago and have been at it as often as I can! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, now I need to get in the garage! Have a nice day!
dne'
IMG_5630.jpg

Most recent pic:
IMG_6383.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sluggo has been coaching me

We won't hold that against you.... well, at least I won't.

Welcome to the forum.

Is this your first "project car" resurrection? From the before and after pictures, it seems you've gotten a bit of work done. What happened to your radiator support?

Welcome Dne', the work you've done looks great.
Dave, are you not gonna hold it against her that Sluggo is helping her or the fact she owns a coupe?

Wassup Dne'?

You'll find that this place is quite a bit different from others. The answers aren't Instantaneous, but are usually in synch with one another. Best of all usually correct ~thu

The site is purposely not policed too much so from time to time you may run into something off-color.

Things of that nature are generally confined to the Grumpy Old Farts Lounge. To gain entry you have to request the password from an admin or a moderator.

Welcome :blob10:

Welcome. Car looks good. Lots of different things happen here but if you know Sluggo, that should not be a problem for you. lol

Hey, I can take whatever these guys dish out!! lol As long as I get my answers! Be sweet, I'll be back later!
dne'
IMG_5751.jpg

Before you start welding, you might put some more clothes on. Them fireballs are brutal.

Oh yeah, welcome to SF.

I just recently welded in a new radiator support and battery apron, so I know how you feel right about now. Hope you did lots measuring before you ripped out the old sheetmetal.

"Sportbikechick" said:
Hey, I can take whatever these guys dish out!! lol As long as I get my answers! Be sweet, I'll be back later!
dne'
IMG_5751.jpg

:sign10:

What's the label on the driver's side shock tower?

BTW, it took me several minutes before my eyes diverted off target...

yes Dave, this is my first project car! I've worked on my motorcycles in the past, but wanted something more intense! As for the radiator support, it was rusted out. I removed it thinking I could save the main support, but the new radiator support came with the main support attached. So, I cut that one out and should be installing the radiator support in today! The strut channels will be installed maybe today too.

As for the photos, I don't wear shorts when I work on my car! lol and I'm not wearing heels in that photo. however I do have a selection of heels!

I've learned a great deal about this car and really do appreciate the true restoration people out there! I don't think I'd want to install floor pans again! I'm thankful in that my cowls were OK~ I didn't even know they were there! Anyway, I didn't get to work on my car yesterday, so I've got to make up some time today!
thanks ya'll!
dne'
IMG_5898.jpg

IMG_6066.jpg

Welded in radiator support

I told you I'd do this part today! I also welded in the strut channels! Really wasn't so bad! My mig welder is excellent! Tomorrow I'll shoot epoxy primer on the work that I did. I'm worn out! lol to the showers my friends(just me, not you!)

IMG_6397.jpg

Gulp.... the girls got skilz....

Dne',

Consider welding in the shock tower reinforcement kit. You'll be glad you did and now is the perfect time to do it. I believe Craig has some nice pictures of the kit being installed and will be happy to share...

Re: Welded in radiator support

"Sportbikechick" said:
I told you I'd do this part today! I also welded in the strut channels! Really wasn't so bad! My mig welder is excellent! Tomorrow I'll shoot epoxy primer on the work that I did. I'm worn out! lol to the showers my friends(just me, not you!)

I think you'll find yourself in need of a deep back massage when you're done with the shower. I'll be a-waiting your call. :dance

"daveSanborn" said:
Gulp.... the girls got skilz....

Dne',

Consider welding in the shock tower reinforcement kit. You'll be glad you did and now is the perfect time to do it. I believe Craig has some nice pictures of the kit being installed and will be happy to share...

Hello from Ireland....Great work on the coupe.....

I's also like to see the pics of the Shock Tower reinforcement kit being installed as i have to tackle this job pretty soon....

Johnny

Back