• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newer Car Features That I Love

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
I love the backup camera on vehicles, although the beeping sound is somewhat annoying.

Many cars are now coming with Sirius/XM built in, rather than added on. Whether you use it or not, it's nice to have it available with only a subscription. (It would be better if it was free, but hey! You can't have everything). The same could be said about the navigation systems built-in, but my Lincoln doesn't have that (missed it by one year!).

I love the auto climate control, along with the heated/AC'ed seats. Very cool.

I have learned to love the wood steering wheel (the wheel isn't completely wooden), as it feels very nice in all temperatures.

In general, the quality and reliability of newer cars are far superior to what we grew up with. The longer warranty periods gives one peace of mind (are you listening, Ford? Stop being chintzy with a 3 year warranty!).

Back up cameras are OK on a large truck, but are actually proving to be more dangerous than back-up sensors alone. People are relying on the picture to the point they start to ignore their mirror and/or back-up sensor alarm. The problem isn't with hitting objects directly behind you, but rather offset to one-side as the pictures depth perception isn't very accurate.

As far as warranties go Chrysler offered a bumper to bumper 7/70 warranty for many years only to drop it. They concluded it did absolutely nothing to sell more cars. GM and Ford both are of the same opinion. If you want a longer warranty extended warranties are always an option. Never ever, ever, buy one from a 3rd party company however or you'll be sorry!

I love the adaptive cruise, blind spot indicators, heated steering wheel and the 100k mile warranty on my new Dodge.

Oh, I absolutely love my Hemi!

We have the nav, sat radio, heated and cooled seats, dvd player, 40gb hdd in the radio, climate control, back up camera and sensors, sun roof, and I am sure things I can't remember too.

Sure is a far cry from my first car that was a 66 mustang 6cyl 3spd manual steering, manual everything car with AM radio.

Mel

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Favorite features of my newish DD are the heated seats, hill hold brake assist (standard trans), and 33 mpg in city traffic with a heavy foot. Gotta love direct injection :thu

What's a new car? My newest is my 2002 F-250. Don't need any of that fancy stuff and don't want it.

:stu , fancy crap=Just another thing to replace sooner oor llater.

i love V8's they will become extinct the way gas prices are and how potent 6's are getting. it's hard to find a kid with a V8 car in my town lots of V6 camaros/firebirds/honda's/rice-

My 04 crown vic P71 DD has no carpet/cruise/console it truly is BARE bones, i start to forget all the fancy stuff when i hear my V8 screaming.

I did love my mercedes 250 diesel.Just a basic 5 cyl inline engine.
But the mercedes 300 turbo diesel ( 6 inline ) was better in performance and a blast to drive.
Lots of torque. :thu :thu

Back