• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Next Project

You do realize they are talking about a straight axle set-up, right? For the front end. ;)
yes sir!
10983422_10200297978847726_6006768792202872184_n.jpg

Don't forget to look at the track width too... that's what you will need to see if it fits within the fenders...

I doubt I will have the Crown Vic front end installed before the power tour now. So you can check out the front axle on the truck during the tour.

Engine is running, WAY LOUD without mufflers. Off the the muffler shop tomorrow morning. Hope that Julie can drive it home tomorrow afternoon. She says she gets first drive.

The truck is now home (well at my office right now). I am starting a list of what else needs to be done and trying to prioritize them. The truck brakes are hared to push and it is hard to turn. Got to get these thing done to make it wife friendly.

Julie drove it for an extended drive today. Says the Steering needs to be fixed first.

I need to figure out a way to to put the stock 18: wheel or another of the same size on the IDIDIT column. The column is the 30" universal column.

The oil pressure is around 50 to 60 psi when driving, but goes down to 20 when idling at a stop. Need to see if that is normal for the 302.

She also said it pulls to the right.

Overall she was a real happy driver today.

The oil pressure should be fine... 10 pounds per 1000s rpms is what a lot of people go by as being normal. A high volume oil pump will push more oil and raise the oil pressure, but some folks don't like them since they can stress the oil pump drive shaft at higher RPMs. I think you have more than good oil pressure.

Transmission went out. The guy who built the transmission says it was installed wrong the the torque converter was shoved too far in causing the oil pump to fail.

Now the pissing games begin.

I do not know if it will be ready for the HRPT but I have the Mustang ready just in case.

I'm not sure if it's required for your combination, but on the 5.0 / T5 combo, there is an aluminum plate that goes between the bellhousing and the transmission. It's probably just shy of an 1/8" thick. If one wasn't installed, you might want to see if that could be the source of the converter being pushed in too deep.

I'm not sure if it's required for your combination, but on the 5.0 / T5 combo, there is an aluminum plate that goes between the bellhousing and the transmission. It's probably just shy of an 1/8" thick. If one wasn't installed, you might want to see if that could be the source of the converter being pushed in too deep.
Yep

Didn't know that . Really ?

I did a conversion too , but I always goes through things thoroughly ( I try to do so ) , so it never came up to delete the spacerplate.

that's a bummer, I was looking forward to see it on the tour. I hope you get 'er sorted out though...

Back