• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Nice Knowing You All

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Just wanted to take a minute and say I've really enjoyed my time here at the Fix and coming to know you all as we do around here. Been a great ride and I'm sorry it has to come to end. This time tomorrow those of us up on in the Northern Midwest will be frozen solid. What a way to go. Chicago is expecting an all time record low temp of some -29 degrees. That's a temperature. Not including a "wind chill" factor which is reportedly to be some stupid number like 40-50 below zero. I guess on the bright side at least i won't breathe my last in a place like Iowa.

Yep, here in Michigan its gonna be -20 (-40 with windchill). I may have to finally wear long pants. Maybe even a long sleeve shirt. Gonna be cold the next few days, then 41 on sunday! 60 degree swing. Pure Michigan.

Puss.

I guess people in Chitcago aren’t the be all-end all when it comes to toughness. Those of us in the real Central part of the Country call this “Winter”.

So, it’s going to be a -50* wind chill...big whup. Grows hair on your legs and since I need some, bring it on

And just so you know TERRY, I valued our friendship Most of the time. So long brother.

Mark

People are getting soft. We had a snow storm roll through yesterday, got 8" or so. EVERYTHING was closed. This was a normal winter day when I was growing up, seems we had snow everyday and nothing ever closed. We had to have a lot of snow for school to be closed, now if there is more than an inch in the forecast they close them the night before! I'm no spring chicken (54) and I worked a 10 hr day yesterday and then shoveled (with a shovel) 4 driveways. My son took my truck back to college to bring a few things home, I usually put my snowblower in it and use that for the driveways. Had to do it the old fashioned way. I'll admit I was whooped when I got home. 30 min in the hot tub took care of that!

I feel your pain Terry.....it is only going to be 66F here today. I may need a light jacket! Did I mention that car show/cruise in season has started? Sure make fun of our bad politics, but hard to beat our climate.

I did a bike race Saturday. We had to shovel parts of the track clear first...
6 hours. 100 miles. Single speed bike (ala "Breaking Away" movie)
Wimps.
50754211_2257737567591034_207074684171190272_n.jpg

An hour or 2 on a bike in regular clothes, you'll be a convert too... That was padded inners & thermal outers.

Actually had some redneck bubbas pull up to our group at a stoplight several weeks ago and make a comment about "fat guys on bikes in Spandex"... One of the ladies shot back "better than fat slobs on the sofa in overalls"... :eek::eek::eek: :):p:D
Glad the light changed... she's a cop & a BAD-ass. ;)

In case anyone missed the sarcasm, I am not afraid of winter or its sometimes brutal days. Like Mark in MI (not the doofus in IA) we got close to 9" the other day in likely the same storm which I too cleaned up the old fashioned way. I don't own a snowblower. I am, however, quite amazed at the predicted cold snap. Haven't see the likes of something like that in my lifetime. I was around in the blizzard of '79 so I too remember "the good ole days" of heavy snows. We still get our share. Ask the guys out East.

Truth be told I'm just bitter because I was supposed to be on a plane to Atlanta right about now but the airline cancelled my flight. I suppose they are trying to keep aircraft out of the worst areas and available to service the rest of the country the next day or two. All I know is my ass is stuck back here facing Arctic hell.

In case anyone missed the sarcasm, I am not afraid of winter or its sometimes brutal days. Like Mark in MI (not the doofus in IA) we got close to 9" the other day in likely the same storm which I too cleaned up the old fashioned way. I don't own a snowblower. I am, however, quite amazed at the predicted cold snap. Haven't see the likes of something like that in my lifetime. I was around in the blizzard of '79 so I too remember "the good ole days" of heavy snows. We still get our share. Ask the guys out East.

Truth be told I'm just bitter because I was supposed to be on a plane to Atlanta right about now but the airline cancelled my flight. I suppose they are trying to keep aircraft out of the worst areas and available to service the rest of the country the next day or two. All I know is my ass is stuck back here facing Arctic hell.

oh....I really thought you were dying. :rolleyes:

We didn't miss the sarcasm Captain Obvious. And only you would think a trip to Atlanta is something to look forward to :rolleyes:

I did a bike race Saturday. We had to shovel parts of the track clear first...
6 hours. 100 miles. Single speed bike (ala "Breaking Away" movie)
Wimps.
View attachment 31740

6 hours riding in a circle? Didnt you get dizzy?

I used to ride a couple thousand miles/yr. Did the DALMAC once (400 miles over 4 days, Lansing Mi to Mackinac Mi.). Mountain biked a lot too. Had some buddies that got me riding, they rode all winter. Talked me into getting a mountain bike in the middle of winter, hadn't been on a bike in a few years and went out all gung ho and after a few miles was lying in a snow bank....thought I was going to die...lol. Took a bit to get in shape.

The weather sucks over here in the Pacific NW.

60575598c31657f49e996f613e543602.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back