• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

No camera in the car?

A

Anonymous

My girl and I went and drove in a SCCA course this Sunday. Even though I found it very hard to even make it through it she won her class and it was her first time driving. When they announced the rules it was said that no cameras were to be in the cars and I noticed that one of the cars received a red flag while on the course. I know its been a while but has something changed? My old camera mount is on the rollbar and behind the driver. I did notice that they were several with suction cup type mounts on the outside of their cars. Can someone clear this up.

Never heard of such a thing. I've had a camera in my car since the first time it set rubber to road. Autocross, track days, back roads, never been a problem. It's a teaching tool that you can use to see things you'd miss from the red mist. It's also great for preserving the moment when things blow up!

I have a nice camera mount and use an extra strap to keep it in place. Maybe they had some mouth breathing knuckle dragging Trans Am types use a crappy shoestring mount that let the camera go flying, causing an accident when it got wedged under the brake pedal of said TA :shrug

Didn't make sense to me. My daughter was "suppose" to take a video but was too busy talking to the boys to bother. I didn't mount it in the car because of the announcement and I didn't want to ruffle any feathers. It would have been embarrassing anyway cause I missed a cone almost everytime I ran. I don't really have much to complane about, about 60 plus percent missed cones also, even the experienced guys. Is there a rule book on line so I can brush up on it? Heck it was fun anyway, I "HOPE" they got the cop on video when he cleared the track workers. That would make for one good "Youtube" video if not the national news.

Back