• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

OK...I should know this but I don't....

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
SO while looking at Ludwig's sweet vert in Belgium I noticed the seats belt. Particularly the buckle...its on the outboard side.
I have a '67 and my buckles are inboard which is correct because with the console came the buckle holder slots.

Was this a '67 change? Or option special because of the console change? Or did all Mustangs change at some point? I know mine is not normal because I remember other cars of the era had the buckle on the outboard side.

I'll go back to staring off into space now.:oops:

Never tought about that . Interesting. I do know about the slots in the console. Hmm.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

I believe they are switched, and the buckles should be inboard. My '66 has retractable belts that are on the outboard side. There would be no way they could be installed and operate correctly if they were on the inboard side.

SK Retractable belt 7.jpg

Last edited:
SO while looking at Ludwig's sweet vert in Belgium I noticed the seats belt. Particularly the buckle...its on the outboard side.
I have a '67 and my buckles are inboard which is correct because with the console came the buckle holder slots.

Was this a '67 change? Or option special because of the console change? Or did all Mustangs change at some point? I know mine is not normal because I remember other cars of the era had the buckle on the outboard side.

I'll go back to staring off into space now.:oops:
The buckles are inboard on both of our '69s.

Back