• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

OK so here we go - Suspension

Aussie67

So took the car out today (67 Coupe) and noticed that it was floating across the road. Pulled the shocks and found there wasn't much bounce left in them and the springs look like they are off Noah's ark.

So have ordered new shocks and lowered springs and, well you know how it is, once you start............

So wondering what is the best economical upper/ lower control arm set up on the market today, opentracker, SoT, tubular or................ Not looking at racing it, but would like to stiffen up the suspension. Looking at some of the pricing options, I figure it would cost me around 2.5K landed, so I don't want to go over the top.

All advice welcomed.

Tony

John has alot of experience on what to use to have a car that will respond to your demands and his products are a bit better then stock.
Otherwise every other mustang part supplier will do the job too.
my 2 eurocents

:p :p Thx !

Sent john an email and tell what your are looking for. He will help you out.

Merry Christmas ...........HoHoHo

Opentracker 100%

Roller spring perches were one of the best upgrades I've made. Shelby drop being another.

I have a set of his UCAs on my wish list.

My setup for spirited street driving:
-0.620" 1" drop coils (540lbs) - still need to cut them down a hair.
-Edelbrock IAS shocks
-Opentracker roller perches
-Shelby UCA drop
-15/16" sway bar
-Roller idler arm
-4.5 leaf 1" drop springs

Thanks again guys. Guess I need to talk to opentracker.

Merry Christmas, folks. May next year be better than the last.

Agreed. John and Shari are top notch in every facet of business. Excellent product and even better customer support. They won’t oversell you anything you don’t need to meet your goals.

So final order is

Cheater upper arms
Roller perches
Roller lower arms

Freight cost is still a limiting factor so will get some other components when the FOREX is better. But hopefully this is a good start

To my knowledge not.
65 -66 same and 67 -70 same

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Don’t forget good shocks. For the love of all that’s good, don’t put KYB on it.

Mark

Back