• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

On the road again....

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Well the house remodel is done and we're leaving it. Been cooped up here too much the last few months.
Got the Airstream out of storage and prepping it for a nice drive. We will probably just run around the west and north a bit. No real plans.
Have to be back in time for HAN in Reno though.

At least my son will be at home to watch things.

Sounds like a tough life you got going there.

Have fun, and if you make it out our way there's plenty of room for the trailer here.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

And take some pics ,will you ?
If I can't go with you , at least give me the pleasure of seeing some images of the roadtrip. ;)

Oh yeah..that's a short jump from Barstow......tomorrow Zion NP
I'm in Colorado but if you want to park your trailer in our driveway you can. Amber will be there. I'm sure she would love to see Joanne.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I would say you could drop by my house....but I have seen enough of you lately!

Later this year I'll let you know when I get to Maine but first you'll have to deal with me at Reno.

Took a small hike today to water falls (small) in Zion. Heading for Bryce tomorrow.
Even though i have Wifi here it will not let me upload my pics to Photobucket.

Mike, how's the traffic out at Zion and Capitol Reef? I'm headed out myself in a few weeks and had planned to stop by those parks on my way back from Reno. But it seems like they have gotten way out of control with the amount of tourists. Thinking about swapping over to a couple other parks instead.

Mike, how's the traffic out at Zion and Capitol Reef? I'm headed out myself in a few weeks and had planned to stop by those parks on my way back from Reno. But it seems like they have gotten way out of control with the amount of tourists. Thinking about swapping over to a couple other parks instead.
Not too bad across the highway from my house at exit 40 on I15. Kolob canyon is breathtaking.

Capital Reef didn't look bad as I drove by Wednesday from Colorado. Go to arches in Moab. Very nice this time of year. Morning is best. There's also dead horse canyon by arches. It's a Utah State Park.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Its NOT Horse Canyon....Its Dead Horse Point State Park, and 22 miles outside of Moab (stayed there 4 days while visiting Canyonlands NP & Arches NP).....not a drive through Kelly but a WOW when you get to the point and look out over the horse shoe canyon below.

Zion was a zoo...but if you're just doing a drive through it would be ok. Capitol Reef is also a great drive-through. Bryce was also quite busy.

I'll show you a great drive on the map when we meet up at Reno.

Been to Dead Horse Point before! It was a super cool stopping point. I've also done the "High 5" - Zion, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Arches, and Bryce. But last time I was in that neck of the woods I didn't do a whole lot of Capitol Reef due to rain, and Zion is just my absolute most favorite park so I like to stop by there whenever I can. I've heard recently that it's also become everyone else's absolute most favorite park too though... so might skip it.

The plan is to do Goblin Valley, Snow Canyon, and the Northern Rim of the Grand Canyon while I'm in that neck of the woods though. Should be in that area for 5 days before I head on to Albuquerque and then go home. I welcome any ideas!

Just to let you guys know......this girl is drive crazy....love it.

See you at HAN.o_O

Back