• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

On the road again...

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Yep on the road to...????
This time we're self contained.....took the trailer.
With a overnight near Reno we then headed toward Crater Lake. Saw the sign for Lava Beds National Monument and detoured that way. I've been here many times on the way passing by. Only second time camping...first time with kids when they were little...now both in their 30s.
LB had a big fire rage through in July. The place was burnt to a crisp. But it did make for a very vacant campground....maybe a total of 5 sites in use.
20200901_165104.jpg
20200901_165132.jpg

Thursday tried to get into Crater Lake NP but since its Labor Day weekend its all booked. Traveled on into Oregon more and stayed at a pitiful RV resort....what a joke.
Today moved on towards Craters Of The Moon NP. Another place we have camped before. Crossing all sorts of familiar roads and towns. Decided not to press our luck on this weekend so we are staying at a county fairgrounds in Ontario, OR. for 2 nights. Then we'll move on to CotM and hopefully get a site on Sunday.
We'll then head to Yelllowstone. Retirement is rough.:rolleyes:

20200902_111840.jpg

Thanks for the invite! I hear other states are not fond of us Californians coming into their cities and states. Let us know if they run you out of town

No real destination nor timeline so a working stiff like you would have a problem.

Thanks for the invite! I hear other states are not fond of us Californians coming into their cities and states. Let us know if they run you out of town
The out of staters are taking ALL our camp sites and then when they leave the places are trashed and take days to clean up.

I work with a guy whose son works at Sand Hallow. He said the Californians are the worst. They just throw their trash on the ground everywhere instead of the hundreds of trash cans.

I know there are a few jacking it up for all. It's so sad.

Yesterday and today 90% of all the cars on the road were CA plates and most of those were camping in the left lane.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Does anyone really blame the CA folk for wanting to get the hell out of there? Only thing worse would be to call IL home.

One day when I'm 90 I hope to retire and travel like you Mike. :mad:

So we're sitting out the holiday weekend in Ontario, OR. Not a happening place. So we decided to walk downtown. Found a small farmer's market...I bought some jarred pickles. Walked through town and Joann found a sewing shop...with old machines. Yep we bought one. :rolleyes: A 1951 Singer Featherweight. Lets not talk about the price.:oops:

Also saw this bar door.:p
IMG_8340_LI.jpg

So we're sitting out the holiday weekend in Ontario, OR. Not a happening place. So we decided to walk downtown. Found a small farmer's market...I bought some jarred pickles. Walked through town and Joann found a sewing shop...with old machines. Yep we bought one. :rolleyes: A 1951 Singer Featherweight. Lets not talk about the price.:oops:

Also saw this bar door.:p
View attachment 33068
7:00 am - 2:30 am? But I thought they closed at 10pm?

Not kids, but mine workers from 7:30 to 2:30 are welcome!

Nice outfit Mike- aww, not you- the truck and trailer ;) You'll like Yellowstone- my Dad took us all there in our trailer when we were kids. I remember lots of bears and seeing a moose, and the gysers are fantastic.

Oh we've been to YNP before...maybe 12 times now. There might be snow.
One more day here...then Craters of the Moon.

One day when I'm 90 I hope to retire and travel like you Mike. :mad:

The SWMBO wants to buy a used camper. A box with living quarters behind a van. Because I see it as a 8 x 12 cube with wheels. We have 4 dogs, 3 of which are German Shepherds and she wants them to travel with us. When I was a boy scout I went camping, in a tent or under the stars. I got my fill of camping. Today camping to me is a hotel room. Absolutely no desire for this plan. So my future is driving around with 4 dogs and a "backseat" driver. So when I die and go to hell it will be a vacation.

fd

That wouldn't be my definition of fun either. We have one German Shepard and he is like a bull in a china shop. I can't imagine 3 of them in a camper with other assorted animals. That pretty well fills out the expression that the circus is coming to town.

Thus why I took our Doberman to our son. Retirement and a dog reduces options.

That must be a stag resort. If that's your wife, I'd be very concerned.

Back