• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

On the Road Again....

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Yep on the road....first it was the loneliest road in America...or so they call it. Plenty of traffic though. Been on it many times.
First night in Nevada...a Family farm In Fallon NV. (since the late 1800s)
P1320309.JPG

The second night in Santiaquin, UT...a local farm store
Red Barn 6.JPG

Third night in a KOA in Laramie, WY......power/TV/water/sewer/WiFi!!!!!!

So we’re on the road. Cruissin’ the country. We have been using a service for camping in RVs called Harvest Host. They offer such places as wineries, farms, ranches, museums, breweries, distilleries…..you’re requested to purchase something from them and they offer you a place to park overnight.

First night was a farm in Nevada. Second night was a roadside farm/barn in Utah. We did a KOA next to get in some fresh water and dump. Fourth night we went back to HH and a brewery in Nebraska. At the brewery they had whiskey so I was happy. The other HH had a few other campers but this night there was only one other. We watched some playoff hockey on their Direct TV and enjoyed a quiet night under the stars. On Saturday we made it to Minnesota……Fort Jackson….a museum of pioneer ways. We’re the only ones here and its nice and quiet although it was 98 when we arrived. It was so hot that Joann just wanted a nice shower so Sunday we’re doing another KOA to freshen up.

While getting gas one time we pulled up behind a car at the pump (all other pumps were very busy and pulling a trailer I’m sort of restricted). Well this 30 something guy comes walking back to this car with a dog on a leash. He puts the dog in the car and walks into the store. WHAT!!! I back up and go to another pump. While I’m getting gas this guy finally walks out with fast food in a bag. He was just parking…taking up a pump because he was an A S S HOLE. Jerk.

Same thing happened I Nebraska but I yelled at one of the occupants who understood and told the driver to park in a parking spot rather than at a pump. Inconsiderate is all I can say.

Well the pics are boring but this really isn’t a tourist type trip. Just get there and get back.

Later

02Jun21 .....lunch just east of Ely, NV
P1320316.JPG

02Jun21 Santaquin, UT.....Red Barn....ice cream, root beer, candy
IMG_8679.JPG

06Jun21 KOA Oakdale, WI

Basically the usual but we have WiFi, power, water, sewer
Tomorrow we reach our final camp and then drive over to our son's place.

Mike,

looks like a good time. I love camping and am intrigued by this Harvest Host gig.

You need a 2nd trailer behind the Airstream for the ‘stang.

Last edited:
So finally got some Wifi at my sons. Wedding went fine. My nephew and his wife came up and we spent the day with him on Friday,

I did stop off to visit Pat but it seems he doesn't even start work until 1....slacker.
IMG_8754.JPG

Mike:

Let me get this straight, you drove a couple of thousand miles to go to an outlet store? Didn't Joanne tell you Gilroy Premium Outlets is about 10 miles from your house????

So finally got some Wifi at my sons. Wedding went fine. My nephew and his wife came up and we spent the day with him on Friday,

I did stop off to visit Pat but it seems he doesn't even start work until 1....slacker.
View attachment 33651
Hey Mike

Sorry I missed you. You caught me on my short day. I was working 1-8.

Glad to hear the trips going well. Stay safe.

When are you leaving?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Driving by your shop on 41 again on Sunday...with trailer. Don't know when. Heading for Portillos in Madison.

Back