• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

one piece headliner

I want it! i already have an overhead console for my fastback tho is it possible to install the old consoles on the headliner and did you install any sound deadening underneath the one you installed? any idea what shipping would be to the los angles area?

Factory consoles will not work in our headliners they are straight and ours are arched to follow the roof. Will post pictures Tues of the one we installed Fri.

"mustangstofear" said:
Factory consoles will not work in our headliners they are straight and ours are arched to follow the roof. Will post pictures Tues of the one we installed Fri.

It's Wednesday :lol

Michele got some good pictures of the headliner, but left the camera at work typical woman can't count on them when you need them lol :lol

"mustangstofear" said:
Michele got some good pictures of the headliner, but left the camera at work typical woman can't count on them when you need them lol :lol

So what....she only works once a week or what......I think the headliner fell out.....

"mustangstofear" said:

Not sure if I should ask how long you've been married or how much longer you plan to be married.

"mustangstofear" said:

sounds like someone has been slacking on giving those weekly beatings it takes to keep em' in line. :scar

+1 for a '67 coupe headliner....i can't tell you how cool this would be!! i've got to redo both front & rear glass seals and was wondering what i'd do with the headliner....lookin' forward to it!

Here are some pics!!!

DSC07287.jpg

DSC07284.jpg

DSC07288.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably could use the oe pads, we just include it with the headliner to dress it up. I really don't see an unsightly gap unless you are referring to where the a pillar mates up to the headliner? The wind lace presses on the side just like the factory. Rich.

As for what's holding it up, I'm guessing on the fastback it's just held up by the windlace and the visor and mirror brackets and the piece at the rear. Any coathooks? I'm assuming the coupe version would retain the dome light, which would hold up the center of the headliner. I am curious how well the center stays up on the fastback.

Frank

This is a very sturdy abs plastic that will retain it's shape with no fear of sagging. You would need to drill for the coat hangers. if we were to drill them then people would complain of not wanting them. The coupe will have a dome light, but not the original it's to ugly for me, we are looking at a nice billet led. Rich.

I like it alot! (just undecided about to get the console or not!), and I'm excited about the idea of a better dome light! So, when are you taking orders for the coupe, '67?

dne'
"mustangstofear" said:
This is a very sturdy abs plastic that will retain it's shape with no fear of sagging. You would need to drill for the coat hangers. if we were to drill them then people would complain of not wanting them. The coupe will have a dome light, but not the original it's to ugly for me, we are looking at a nice billet led. Rich.

Forget to mention the two pieces behind the roll bar that connect the c- pillars we make in one piece to do away with the line, we are also going to offer one with a 3rd brake light. We are hoping to start on the 67-68 coupe this month, we have a ton of new parts coming out. If someone would like to look for a nice dome light for us we could make it worth your while :$$$. Rich.

That is pretty clean looking. I have always wanted to have some sort of fabric headliner for a convertible that would hide all the braces and ugly crap us vert owners have to look at when the top is up.

Will you have a version with the overhead console for the coupe? If you have not designed it yet. I always liked the cougar overhead console because you can still have the dome light.

Back