• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

One Piece Products (removes vent window on 67/78)

Coleman

Most of you know I am having my 67 painted for the Hot Rod Power Tour. I opted not to use the same door glass and instead go with this kit that eliminates the vent window and replaces it with a one piece door glass. (see their web site for better description) Anyway, here is my transaction history.

Also known as Pete's Auto Glass Center.

http://www.onepieceproducts.com/

I ordered my 67 Fastback conversion kit on April 10th. They charged my credit card that day for $1,491. I had to call them yesterday to see where my kit was. I found out it had not shipped! I chastised them for charging my card before shipping. No excuse was offered but they did ship something today. They told me that the power window motors ship from another company and they were suppose to call me with a tracking number yesterday and I did not hear from them.

Hope this story has a happy ending...........

$1500? - Their site shows them for $985. Did you get the power regulators too? If so, I hope they aren't the FD40K units they show on thier site. Those power regulators do not have a great reputation. The Nu-Relic power window kit has much better reviews.

Dang it they don't make them for the 65 FB....

Cool upgrade!

The pop open windows for the late models would be a cool upgrade for the 65/66 FB.

Mel

"stangg" said:
$1500? - Their site shows them for $985. Did you get the power regulators too? If so, I hope they aren't the FD40K units they show on thier site. Those power regulators do not have a great reputation. The Nu-Relic power window kit has much better reviews.

Yes, power windows. Hope they are the Nu-Relic.

Bad ju-ju charging your cc before shipment. That would be a warning sign to me. I'd start making calls and keep a record of what they say. Are they financially stable in these harsh times?

Fair credit billing act:

It is technically legal, but it isn't good business!! Most companies only charge when they ship. It is against VISA and MasterCard's regulations for a merchant to bill their cards prior to shipping.

I think you are going to be very disappointed with the fit and all the re engineering you will have to do. I've yet to hear one person say they were happy with it.

I'll be following this closely. I was really considering using a kit from them for my 65 coupe. Keep us posted.

I've seen it in person. It's a nice unit. The owner of the company is a stand up guy so I'm surprise that you are having problems with him. Check out YouTube for installation videos.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

"mustangstofear" said:
I think you are going to be very disappointed with the fit and all the re engineering you will have to do. I've yet to hear one person say they were happy with it.

Hopefully I will be the first!

BTW, I am on back order with your headliner.

"David67" said:
I've seen it in person. It's a nice unit. The owner of the company is a stand up guy so I'm surprise that you are having problems with him. Check out YouTube for installation videos.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ummmm, Italian food!

"67 evil eleanor" said:
Bad ju-ju charging your cc before shipment. That would be a warning sign to me. I'd start making calls and keep a record of what they say. Are they financially stable in these harsh times?

Fair credit billing act:

It is technically legal, but it isn't good business!! Most companies only charge when they ship. It is against VISA and MasterCard's regulations for a merchant to bill their cards prior to shipping.

I did not know that it was in violation of their merchant agreement. Thanks for the info!

"Coleman" said:
Hopefully I will be the first!

BTW, I am on back order with your headliner.

We just got a batch in last week. For some reason the company that makes them were getting different colors of black.

"stangg" said:

You are right about the FD40K power units. I have them on my 65, they are barely strong enough to lift window. I ordered Nu-Relic today. Thanks for heads up!

Little news on the glass. The interior shop called and the glass arrived today, with all the hard wear to install. No power motors or switches. I emailed One Peice Glass yesterday to cancel power window portion of order and informed them that interior shop will refuse delivery if they have been shipped. Let's count the days for that credit to appear on my statement. Btw, I ordered Nu-Relic power window kit.

"67 evil eleanor" said:
They will ignore your request and ship the units. Wager?

I would have lost that bet. They did have the motors drop shipped and we refused shipment. So far my experience with One Piece Products has been disappointing. I'm contesting their charges with my cc company. They do not respond to their own customer service email. They will respond to their cc merchant!

Back