• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

One Wire At FireWall Identification Please...Mid?

MarkStang

I have a single wire that has a rubber grommet on it and it comes from under the dash and the grommet holds it to the fire wall just above the main engine bay harness. it is black with a light grey or blue stripe. The end of it has a female barrel plug (original) . I followed it to the smaller wire bundle that goes over and behind the instrument bezel. The best I can tell it comes out of the bundle and goes to the steering column.

Nothing is hook to this wire. I have not put it into the firewall yet and would really appreciate identifying this wire. I am wiring the AC under dash unit and can not find the power source wire for it. I am thinking of attempting my first relay switch if I can not fine the correct wire. I believe I had it wired before piggy backed into the fuse box. No way I am doing that now, I should do it safely with its own feed and fuse. Before it was hot through another fuse and I had an in line fuse to the AC.

It is either the washer pump line (connected to the wiper switch) or the foglamp feed. The former is black/gray; the latter is gray.

Back