• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

online or other source for 'stencils' for MUSTANG and/or GT lettering?

steveh326

one of the ideas I'm kicking around on the paint for my car is to put the MUSTANG and/or GT logos back on the car, but in paint instead of the old style chrome emblems. Does anyone know of an online source or other place to order custom stencils precut on the masking paper? I've seen this done on TV but have no clue where to go look. Local sign shop maybe? my painter paints out of his house and doesn't have any of that kind of equipment.

Well that's a new one. I don't think I've ever seen that done before. I would think having decals made up would be the way to go unless you were to employ an airbrush at which point I'm sure you could make your own stencil based on the old emblems.

Gotta say though, unless you are doing a full on resto-mod with serious body mods, etc. I don't know that the look would work.

"Horseplay" said:
Well that's a new one. I don't think I've ever seen that done before. I would think having decals made up would be the way to go unless you were to employ an airbrush at which point I'm sure you could make your own stencil based on the old emblems.

Gotta say though, unless you are doing a full on resto-mod with serious body mods, etc. I don't know that the look would work.

don't panic, see above post, was inquiring about the rocker stripes. but the car will have some mods and the paint will definately NOT be anything that rolled off the Dearborne line in 66...:)

"steveh326" said:
don't panic, see above post, was inquiring about the rocker stripes. but the car will have some mods and the paint will definately NOT be anything that rolled off the Dearborne line in 66...:)
In your original post you asked about replacing the old chrome emblems (MUSTANG, Tri-Bar etc.) with paint. That was a new one to me. That's all.

"Horseplay" said:
In your original post you asked about replacing the old chrome emblems (MUSTANG, Tri-Bar etc.) with paint. That was a new one to me. That's all.

yeah re-reading my initial post i wasn't exactly clear, sorry. My 66 GT came with rocker stripes with chrome letters 'M u s t a n g' down on the front fender. I am looking to update it to something else that is painted and integrated into the stripe, as all the other emblems and lettering will be shaved from the car when it's painted. Worst case I'll just put solid rocker stripes down there with no lettering. Sorry for my confusion. But Ken in the linked post advised me to check with a local signmaker, thats who made his "G.T. 350" stencils for him.

Back