• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Open Track Day, May 11

O

opentrackerSteve

Ok Racers,

May 11 (wed), is the next big track day. $155.00 gets you lunch and 2-1/2 hours of track time.

web site here

Who can join me?

Believe me, if it wasn't a two day drive to Willow Springs, I'd be there!

Thankfully we have our first track day coming up Wed :yah

Make sure to post up some video Steve!

[quote author=silverblueBP link=topic=12252.msg152344#msg152344 date=1302990339

Thankfully we have our first track day coming up Wed :yah

[/quote]

Is this at heartland park? That cant be right. There is only a 40% chance of rain that day. I would try to fly up to watch, but 4/20 is a holiday for me.

10% chance of rain, looks like it will be a great day. If things go bad, comedy relief would be much appreciated!

All set for some fun tomorrow. I have modifiied my Gopro camera to get the sound a little more unmuffled.

Weather forcast is perfect. Supposed to be 77 degrees there tomorrow. Yippee!

Video will likely be posted on Friday.

Good luck Steve, hope it all goes good tomorrow!!

Our track day forecast tomorrow is filled with rain, high wind and possible tornadoes. I'm keeping the 66 tucked away in the trailer...in the barn. I'll wait for the next one June 1st.

Event went very well. I got all 5 30 minute sessions in and had a blast.

My best lap time was about 1:45 and that apparently is respectable for an old piece of iron.

If I had another 100 horsepower, I'd prob shave another 5 to 10 seconds off the times in the back and front straight aways.

Here is a video.

I love these kind of video's.!!!

You even have a G-force indicator on board ( see inside / backvieuw mirror ) :stu

But I am also concerned about your safety. :wth

If I would hit the track , I would install better seat and safety seatbelt. :confu

Its too risky what you are doing out there !!! It doesn't have to be your fault to have an accident on the track . :steer

Looks like a fun wide open track. Nothing like an empty track!

Looks like a fun track.

If you go off though, you are f*cked! If you go off sideways it doesn't look like a 'slide through the grass' sort of track, more like barrell roll until stopped. Without a high back seat with some side bolstering and a 5pt belt, you are going to get flung out the window. Please don't die Steve, I need all the customers I can get/keep! You don't have to go nuts, maybe consider a seat with a headrest, 5pt belt and a harness bar to mount the shoulder belts too. With an hour or so of wrenching it can all be in/out so you can return the car to family cruiser afterward.

Wussies! I have only gone off twice in 4+ years and one of those was in the rain with slicks!
I think my demolition derby experience preventa me from getting out of control.

Back