• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Open Track day, Nov 10 WILLOW SPRINGS

If I was an a$$ like Rick, I'd say it's gonna rain...but since I'm not, I hope you have great weather AND a great time. I'm soooo envious!

I'll try to do that. I am focusing on getting the mechanicals in shape. Over the weekend, I discovered, 1) one of the header bolts escaped, and several others were loose, 2) two alternator housing bolts (the long ones that hold the two halves together) had also gotten away, SO,

I am spending some time tightening and torquing things down... Video comes later...

Steve,

I made a checklist that I go over everytime before the car goes to the track. It's amazing how often I still find loose nuts and bolts. [nb]besides the one holding the steering wheel[/nb] It never fails though, something else rears its ugly head and then I add it to the list.

I'd love to go, but I have nothing to drive. My car isn't track-worthy yet, and the fox body isn't even street worthy yet.

A couple people in the local car club may end up taking their imports, though.

Back