• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Options on center console...?

Hi all. I have a 67 'vert with the center console that is, for my taste, a bit bulky. It seems to take up a ton of space. Were there any '67s made without that console, or were they fairly uniform?

Some cars came with and some without. The 67 console is different than the one I had in my 65 but only that it went all the way up to the radio bezel and had an accordion door in the front.

Guys help me out here I don't have a pic that I can find.

So, if you have a bulky console it may be aftermarket. Some of them can be bulky.

There is nothing wrong with making your own either.

Mel

As stated....do what you want to be comfortable....unless going for concours. Most just fit between the seats and from the dash to close to the rear seat. Not sure what you would do with that gained space by removing a stock one.

Stock '67.....
67rdfb03.jpg

Post a pic of what you have and we can.....no.....will tell you what it is and what to do.....just because we are that way.

LOL...that's the one I have (pictured above, w/ accordion door).
It's really more of a styling issue with me, it just seems realy bulky, but I see the point that it may not gain much to remove it.

If your stock console is in good condition, you can sell it for $400-500 or even more. Then, you either have to go custom or an aftermarket piece like the Humphugger.

Personally, I like the original 67 console, but it's really not very functional.

Back