• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ordered a new Ranger...now I wait......

blu67

Placed the order on the 11th. Just received the VIN, so that's positive movement forward. Scheduled to hit production on 3/7. Dealer said to expect a total order to delivery time of 16-20 weeks. My god, that seems forever. How are the manufacturers surviving? Government keeping them afloat still? All I see on the lots are used cars and Mustangs.

I am currently driving a 2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 that I bought for one of my guys at work. Not a bad truck, we even put four full grown men in it with room to spare. The bed is small, but would get the job done for most people. Even being a 4x4 it is comfortable enough for my 80 mile commute to work, not quite as comfy as my Edge Titanium. I was surprised it only averages 23 mph on the highway.

I saw one yesterday on the road. Nice. What color did you order? Options?

It’s a 2022 4x2 Lariat 4 door. Got it in Carbonized grey with the black appearance package. Getting a leveling kit and folding hard tonneau cover. Have a few aftermarket additions to go on as well but doing those myself. Plan on keeping this one for awhile so I’m going all out. Had my little Scion for almost 8 years. Good little car but want/need a truck to help shuttle around car parts and other activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Placed the order on the 11th. Just received the VIN, so that's positive movement forward. Scheduled to hit production on 3/7. Dealer said to expect a total order to delivery time of 16-20 weeks. My god, that seems forever. How are the manufacturers surviving? Government keeping them afloat still? All I see on the lots are used cars and Mustangs.
I waited from September to April for the Shelby.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am currently driving a 2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 that I bought for one of my guys at work. Not a bad truck, we even put four full grown men in it with room to spare. The bed is small, but would get the job done for most people. Even being a 4x4 it is comfortable enough for my 80 mile commute to work, not quite as comfy as my Edge Titanium. I was surprised it only averages 23 mph on the highway.
I went with the 4x2 because I don't really need a 4x4 where I live or where I go. MPG is increased a little too. The comfort level was definitely one of the factors that sold me.

Congrats Chris !!! Our experience last year with the Mach 1 was very different. In early February, 2021, Diane decided she wanted a new Mach 1 in Race Red, sort of a "book end" for the '69 and we started looking. At that point we actually saw a Race Red Mach 1 on the road and Diane decided she didn't like that shade of red. Back to the drawing board and looking at the color palette for colors other than Race Red. Velocity Blue looked like it might be acceptable so we checked local dealer inventory for Velocity Blue Mustangs of all flavors. The Ford Store about 25 minutes away had a base model Velocity Blue Mustang in stock so we went down to look at the color. Velocity Blue would work. In speaking with the salesman and the sales manager we learned that a Velocity Blue Mach 1 was already built as a dealer order and on a train heading west. Ford's tracking program indicated the train with this Mach 1 was then in New Mexico and was scheduled to make it to the dealership in 3 weeks. We left an earnest money deposit to demonstrate she was a "real" buyer. We monitored the train's progress over the next 3 weeks and confirmed with the sales manager the car was on the truck for delivery that day as scheduled. We drove down to see the car coming out of the wash booth dripping wet. A test drive later and the decision was made. 5 weeks from beginning to end and we never did place an order. As it turns out, the car she bought was the exact twin of the car she would have ordered.

Congrats Chris !!! Our experience last year with the Mach 1 was very different. In early February, 2021, Diane decided she wanted a new Mach 1 in Race Red, sort of a "book end" for the '69 and we started looking. At that point we actually saw a Race Red Mach 1 on the road and Diane decided she didn't like that shade of red. Back to the drawing board and looking at the color palette for colors other than Race Red. Velocity Blue looked like it might be acceptable so we checked local dealer inventory for Velocity Blue Mustangs of all flavors. The Ford Store about 25 minutes away had a base model Velocity Blue Mustang in stock so we went down to look at the color. Velocity Blue would work. In speaking with the salesman and the sales manager we learned that a Velocity Blue Mach 1 was already built as a dealer order and on a train heading west. Ford's tracking program indicated the train with this Mach 1 was then in New Mexico and was scheduled to make it to the dealership in 3 weeks. We left an earnest money deposit to demonstrate she was a "real" buyer. We monitored the train's progress over the next 3 weeks and confirmed with the sales manager the car was on the truck for delivery that day as scheduled. We drove down to see the car coming out of the wash booth dripping wet. A test drive later and the decision was made. 5 weeks from beginning to end and we never did place an order. As it turns out, the car she bought was the exact twin of the car she would have ordered.

I would have loved that to be a similar story to mine. I checked pretty far and wide online and wasn’t able to find what I wanted. Double checked with my local dealer and confirmed. Lack of inventory of parts and motherboard chips has significantly slowed the automotive market as I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the WAIT.....gosh isn't it here yet?

We were the same and 5.5 years later of owning we are amazed at how short the waiting time really was.

Back