• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Other than...

That Lime Gold color you're likely talking about was by far the most popular color for Mustangs, and it wasn't confined to GT's or S codes by any means. In fact, it was the color my car was, originally;) It actually looks pretty good when it's brand new, the problem is that it faded fast (old paint in bright colors had that problem) and looks more like vomit than a nice shiny green color. I've seen some very nice looking GT500's in that color.

I've seen a couple Mystic-type paint jobs on classics. That tends to look really, really bad. I've also seen some really ugly purples, and even some brushed-on paint jobs.

Yes, Justin aka GT_SCode is our newest member. His car is at the body shop gettting a re-do.... or is it done already?

Oh that's right.... it is done. I remember seeing the pics of the car straight from the shop and the silver was freakin' sweet!

I hate PoopyRed on 65/66's. However, on 69/70 machs/fastbacks, it is a great color. Just goes to show that the styling of the car can affect the color.

"Midlife" said:
I hate PoopyRed on 65/66's. However, on 69/70 machs/fastbacks, it is a great color. Just goes to show that the styling of the car can affect the color.

Agreed, though I may be biased. ~thu

But seriously, the 66 is painted red similar to mine but it just looks like ASS. Just makes it look too much like a toy... and I RARELY see any red 67-68s... which is a good thing cause the few I saw looked awful.

Seriously though, Dave, your cars are amazing. If you wanna come to MI and teach me like... 95% of what you know about bodywork and paint, I'll buy you a pizza.

teach me like... 95% of what you know about bodywork and paint

Heck, I can teach you 94% right now... sans pizza.

Get someone else to do it.

Seriously.

The learning curve is a VERY long, slow process and I'm not sure if it ever levels off. I know just enough to get by and couldn't imagine myself doing it for a living.

The drunk guy in my sig is my younger brother. He's a general contractor and has helped me around the property with numerous projects. He picked up a SWB Dodge 4WD pickup a couple years ago that needed a paint job. I agreed to strip it down, fix a couple minor issues (no rust),paint, and reassemble it for him. When paint day finally came, I was so tired of working on his "crap" that I just wanted it over. I had WAY TOO much air pressure coming through the gun and the paint blew on too "dry". The paint job came out like absolute crap. To say that there was "Orange peel" would be a drastic understatement. What a freakin' mess. Four months of evenings/weekends wasted.

From 10 feet the car looked "okay".... if the sun was setting and you were looking at the truck out of the corner of your eye....

Fortunately, he just wanted the truck for "Work Truck #6" and didn't really give a crap about the quality of the job. If it had been any other vehicle, it would have to have been stripped all of the way back down and re-done. Materials = $$$, and mistakes in the body business cost you a lot.

Get someone else to do it!

"daveSanborn" said:
The drunk guy on the left (me) would be the good looking one.

Good looking? As opposed to what?

You should stay in until it's dark.

Dammit! I need a new sig pic! Half the members think I'm ugly, half think I'm gay, and the other half think I'm both. Enjoy it as it's going bye bye.

Well know I think you're ugly, gay, AND stupid, because I just made DAMN sure to save the photo for future photoshop use, since you admitted that you were going to remove it soon.

Back