• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Paint Poll

What paint option should I do, i have always loved the first ones paint scheme but the grabber blue

• Pic 1 scheme with Pic 2 Color: Grabber Blue/Black

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Pic 2 Grabber Blue

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Pic 3 Paint Scheme with Black Stripes/ Grabber Blue Base

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
I love the trans am style and there will be no chrome on the car and the body modifications correlate to my build thread with custom front valance, molded rear deck lid, shaved side scoops, shelby hood narrowed front and rear bumpers. The rims will also be powdercoated flat black torque thrust II 17x8s. Fully oval exhaust will run out the side powdercoated black as well to get a feel for it. I know some people dont like the trans am paint scheme but I like how it stands out but is subtle, I think the black hood and top of the fenders are a must.

Attachments

• 1967_ford_Mustang_trans_am_sd_03.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 1er_hit_gt_122.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Ford_Mustang_1968_Trans-AM_CSE0086_infineon-hist-5-08.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 119
I'm digging the first photograph, the 67 coupe with black hood and fender tops. That last one you posted looks sweet too, reminds me of Steve's ride "tigger".

"abrahamfh" said:
I'm digging the first photograph, the 67 coupe with black hood and fender tops. That last one you posted looks sweet too, reminds me of Steve's ride "tigger".

Thanks Abe that's what I like the best and have been getting alot of flack from the in-laws about it not looking complete but they are chevy people. Who has "Trigger" I'd like to see it

I like the trans am paint scheme alot !!!!
I like the black hood but with bright red and golden rims TT or Minilite.
There was an article in MustangMonthly several years ago. Sweet !!!
I will look for a pic so you can compare.
But you must make YOUR car like YOU want it !! IMO.

I like the Grabber Blue mainly cause you don't ever see it. The top pic is done by everyone, everywhere.

I think ideas 1 and 3 with the grabber blue as the base color would be awesome. That is just a fantastic color and both of those combination's will look killer

"silverblueBP" said:
I like the Grabber Blue mainly cause you don't ever see it. The top pic is done by everyone, everywhere.

The bottom pic :
Isn't that the Super Snake striping ?? Awesome too with this color/striping combo.

Go whatever You want but don't take a lightblue color without striping !!!!
These dudes have no taste ....at all :stu

"silverblueBP" said:

That's why I love the grabber Blue so much you don't see it too often, and its a fresh taste on the classic grabber blue. BTW Mark I have always loved your fastback

hey cool!! another stanger with similar tastes!! i'm building a '67 notchback (per Adam Carolla), too. i'm close to putting 17"s all around...just waiting for tires. current exhaust exits under a non-gt valance, but i'm going back to have them tucked up under and behind the valance to be hidden from rear-view. i'm using 17" mb old schools - 5 straight spoke wheels. i've already cut a lower intake in my valance a-la trans am. i have some newer hood pins/latches, too.

color wise...i saw a bugatti veyron pic on autoblog.com....kinda of a steel-blue...not a dark navy, and not silvery to be a brittany. just a nice mid-gray-blue. look it up...on www.autoblog.com...look for a custom boat built to match the veyron...here's the link: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/07/buga ... ben-walsh/

also, saw a post on there yesterday of the new dale earnhardt 'initimidator' camaro....i'm going to fabricate a custom front splitter and rear decklid spoiler similar to the ones on the camaro:
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/24/dale ... -for-2011/

i've been lax on my project, but i'll put some time into it now that the weather's getting nicer. looking forward to seeing your updates. where are you in norcal?

"norcal67coupe" said:
Thanks Abe that's what I like the best and have been getting alot of flack from the in-laws about it not looking complete but they are chevy people. Who has "Trigger" I'd like to see it

Tigger is owned by "opentrackersteve", great dude based out of SoCal. Always on vacation on the other side of the globe (LoL) but a nice guy for sure. I think he just posted not too long ago about tracking tigger this month on the 11th. His ride is clean.

Post up some pics Steve or I will have to hunt them down and post them up for ya. LoL. Naw, I don't have that much time on my hands.

Can't see the paint job but it's as bad arse the car sounds.

You can even see tigger hanging for dear life from the mirror. LoL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WEBWSgW ... ata_player

"67resto-coupe" said:
current exhaust exits under a non-gt valance, but i'm going back to have them tucked up under and behind the valance to be hidden from rear-view.

If you do this, the back of the car may turn black for the exhaust.........two of mine did..... I had the pipe behind the valance and the end cut flush and level with the ground. Could not see a bit of it. Liked the look but any trip of a few miles left black all over the valance and bumper.

i've been lax on my project, but i'll put some time into it now that the weather's getting nicer. looking forward to seeing your updates. where are you in norcal?
[/quote]

Sounds like a great project I love the style, i'd love to see some pics! I live in Auburn and am in Carmichael around 4 days a week

I love the trans am look with the black out hood/fenders. I think it would be sweet in Grabber Blue!

Back