• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Paint to inside of vehicle.

What do I need to do to paint the inside of my 67 Mustang? How do I prep for it?

100_1933.jpg

100_1934.jpg

Also, would this be a good time to put a EZ Wiring harness in, that way I'm not dealing with old wiring too?

I would start with the floor, clean it up and coat it with either KBS which is what we use or POR-15. I would also go with American Auto Wire rather than the cheaper ez wire. Rich.

"mustangstofear" said:
I would start with the floor, clean it up and coat it with either KBS which is what we use or POR-15. I would also go with American Auto Wire rather than the cheaper ez wire. Rich.

Its so expensive though... :roul

I wouldn't change out the wiring to one of those painless style kits unless you have no factory harness there. I'm trying to splice one of those painless style kits into my 70's hacked up factory harness and it's a bigger pain in the ass than I ever could have thought. I wish I would have just sent mine over to Midlife to have done. There should be a section here for Midlife's harnesses, send it off to him if you really feel the need to freshen it up.

As far as painting the interior. Take a putty knife or a scrapper of some sort and get all the grime and crap off the floor. Then vacuum that all up. After you do that you can coat the flooring with something like a POR-15 (just make sure you wear gloves because that stuff doesn't come off your hands!). I used Lizard Skin (I think that was the name of it) which is an undercoating/sound deadener. It was sprayed on by my painter though and I don't know if it's available in rattle can. If you really want to go the extra mile I would recommend getting some sound deadening material and gluing it down to the pans. I got some cheap roll material at a swap meet and that has made a good difference in keeping the outside noise out.

Back