• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Park City Photo

Laurie S.

Staff member
I'm finally getting my photo software figured out on my new laptop. Here's my best shot from the Grand National. Took this about 10: 30 a.m. and didn't see my car until 5:00 p.m. again due to judging all day looooooong. ~rey

ParkCitiy1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice pic. Laurie, what were the temperatures like during the day time? It looks hot.

"cmayna" said:
Very nice pic. Laurie, what were the temperatures like during the day time? It looks hot.

Thanks! I picked up another plaque toward my Conservator trophy. Murphy is now in a special class where I just need to maintain the quality, condition, and cleanliness of the car to the level it was when I retired it. At each show where I pass muster, I receive a plaque and a Gold award/trophy. When the car has earned 10 plaques, it gets a large, gorgeous loving cup trophy on a marble base. I'll be halfway there this year.

"Laurie S." said:
"cmayna" said:

Thanks! I picked up another plaque toward my Conservator trophy. Murphy is now in a special class where I just need to maintain the quality, condition, and cleanliness of the car to the level it was when I retired it. At each show where I pass muster, I receive a plaque and a Gold award/trophy. When the car has earned 10 plaques, it gets a large, gorgeous loving cup trophy on a marble base. I'll be halfway there this year.

It actually wasn't too bad, but then I'm from Arizona. ;) I think it was around 85 or so.

Of course right after the awards, it started a major downpour for the rest of the night, along with hail, thunderstorms and snow the next morning! LOL Joyce and Mike must have put in a very special request with the weather department.
Stan

I'm sure its probably out there somewhere Laurie, but whats Murphy's story? I know he was your first car and you drove him cross country multiple times, but has he been "restored" or just very, very well maintained? BTW- thats a great photo!

It's a combination of being restored and well maintained. The paint is now 25 years old, the interior was redone eight years ago, and the engine and bay redone seven years ago. I never cut or otherwise vandalized the car in any way, but I did drive it hard. The floorpans are perfect, minimally restored (paint only in some areas), although the suspension is all restored. The car started out in Michigan, and spent two years in Cincinnati where it sat outside in the snow two winters. Most of the suspension damage occurred then due to the moisture there.

I started competing the car as a daily driver, then occasional driver, eventually moving up to concours driven. I had to move further up into trailered concours because I was going to shows back east. So, it never was a complete teardown and restoration. Everything was done in phases. I've become very good at detailing and am good at maintaining the condition and cleanliness of a car, so that's a big part of Murphy now.

Back