• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

PAYPAL @$#%^%$#@

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
I have to post this here since I can not promise that my language will remain clean.

As you all know I have been accepting PayPal for the Knott's lodging. I have also been accepting it for the sale of a few of my guns.

This being said, I had to link it to my business account. I did that and verified it via their website and followed their instructions. I also contacted them because of the fees, (I forgot about) that I felt were excessive. In reality I forgot about the fees and it was no big deal. While I had them on the phone I told them what I was doing and to expect many transactions.

Well, I had one of our members and a member from Allfordmustangs pay in the last 24 hours. That in itself is no problem and since I have plenty of time, it is no problem generally. I went into the account this AM after reading the payments were made and withdrew the money and sent it to my verified account.

Not 3 minutes after I hit send I have some fast talking young bitch female talking at me not to me at around 400 mph about how she has noticed the very activity I told them about, and she was concerned about this. I tried to get a word in edgewise, but she was speaking so fast and going into details I didn't need. All she had to do was slow down and tell me thank you and she would not the account so I was not bothered again and wish me a nice day.

Fucking PayPal! They are just buttholes! They will take your money super fast, but when it comes to giving your money to you, you have to wait. I mentioned this and she told me it was the Federal Reserve's fault. That was and is a whole new issue. I hate the FED and I think they are unconstitutional to boot!

They were afraid I was laundering money! I told them in advance! To launder money, PayPal is the last place that should be used!
I was in the Narc team and we watched for laundering of money, and PayPal has too much of a paper trail for the bad guys.

I think she was just blowing smoke up my ass!

Rant over!

Mel

Here's my Paypal bitch (perhaps related to why they are concerned about you moving your money so fast)

I sold an amp from a Dodge truck on Ebay. Clearly listed the years it was supposed to fit, including a van, beside which I noted "Dodge used different connectors in that model van, check your connectors". Also stated it was the buyers responibility to check fitment / compatibility. Clear pics of connectors, part numbers, etc. No returns, sold as-is stated also.

Lady buys amp. Shipping is less than I anticipated, so I refund her $5 of shipping cost. She wants to send it back after telling me hubby installed it and it didn't work. I say no. She files a claim. Paypal freezes funds in my account to pay claim for full amount of her payment. I reply back with details of listing, connectors, etc. Also showed transaction (through paypal) where I refunded $5.

Less than one hour after my reply to Paypals request for info, they state she will be sending the amp back, when the tracking shows it's recieved she will get refund. I get amp back a week later, Paypal refunds entire amount to her, ignoring the $5 already refunded, and not waiting to see if any damage to the amp. I get home, open the amp, it's damaged- the connectors pins are bent & broken, hubby obviously tried to force them on. I protest to paypal about the damage and the full refund when she had already gotten a partial refund. No reply. I call. Basically get a 'too bad'. Paypal let her try my amp, ruin it, and then rewarded her $5 for the priveledge.

That's why they don't want you withdrawing funds fast - then they can't screw you if there are no funds to reverse. Besides, they make money when you leave the funds there.

While I do use paypal for a few things; donations, parts money, I don't have it linked to anything and if someone sends me money I go buy something and use it. I got burned by these fucks a long time ago, but my credit card made it right. No way I'll give them any extra ways to rape me.

Used paypal once when selling an item cross country, had problems getting MY money from them without any explanation why......never used them since and will not.

Back