• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

pics of brake & fuel line routing 68/69?

65-408

Looking for pics of the brake and fuel line routing for I think 68/69?, where they go down the rocker... wondering how they route inboard when they hit rear of the rocker... I can envision the front where they go thru the front torque box, but a pic of the rear routing would be help...

I think you mean 69/70. I installed a fuel line on my 68 and just replaced one on a 70 boss. Once you remove the shipping bend and rough it in place, it becomes pretty obvious...........even for me.

Nevertheless, I'll take a couple pics. I do not have any good pics of the brake lines but also wonder if infact you are need pics of it and if so which brake line and for what year car?

The Fuel line on the 68 runs along the driver rocker. There is a rubber line that runs through the torque box at the front and then it runs along the rear torque box with a protective piece that bolts on top of it IIRC. Brake line runs in the tunnel I think, but it has been a long time since I did that so I might be wrong.

"cmayna" said:
I think you mean 69/70. I installed a fuel line on my 68 and just replaced one on a 70 boss. Once you remove the shipping bend and rough it in place, it becomes pretty obvious...........even for me.

Nevertheless, I'll take a couple pics. I do not have any good pics of the brake lines but also wonder if infact you are need pics of it and if so which brake line and for what year car?
If he's making it up from scratch he wouldn't have the same luxury of the pre-bends to help him figure out how to locate it.

Sorry, I didn't see where it was stated that prebent lines weren't being considered. If they aren't, what a chore especially when the fuel line bends up and back near the front of the drivers rear leaf spring. Hope the pics help. For the time and agony of frustration I wouldn't think twice but go prebent lines unless there some customizing to the car that will now allow it.

I assume it is known that the front fuel line is one piece from the pump through the torque box stopping a couple inches behind the torque box. It is here where the small piece of rubber connects it to the rear hard line. Again this is for a 69/70.

Here are some pics of a 69/70 rear hard fuel line on a 70.

4-240511150606-81202254.jpeg

4-240511150606-81231071.jpeg

4-240511150608-8124934.jpeg

4-240511150608-8125284.jpeg

4-240511150609-81261151.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The brake line to the rear on my 69 was routed in the trans tunnel. When I bought new lines, they were pre-bent to run this same course.

Regarding bending your own, I once made all the brake lines for a 67 Galaxie. Never again! There was not enough savings there to justify the effort and none of mine leaked, so I only had to create each line once. Pre-bent lines are worth every dollar.

yup, thinking about bending my own because I want to change the routing. this is for a 65, but I don't really want the lines in the tunnel... still consideringbuying a different year and trying ot adapt. Do any years have the brake lines out of the tunnel?

Not to completely hijack this thread, nice work on the fuel lines Craig, but I have a question regarding this pic.
4-240511150609-81261151.jpeg

That is BM/MT Boss I will assume. What size is that rear sway bar? 5/8 or 3/4? It has been awhile that I have looked at rear sway bars, but the only thing that I ever found was aftermarket bars. I have a 1/2 inch out of a 69 Mach 1 on my 67 Coupe.

fd

Last edited by a moderator:
Back