• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Professional Driving Experience at Heartland Park Today

Mach1ne

I am back home alive and well after a wild day on the road course.

My instructor only road with me the first session and told me that I was doing really well and did not need his help so he let me run wild the rest of the day. Others did not get that luxury. A few spinouts by others but nobody went into the wall.

We ended up running two 20 minutes sessions in the morning and then two 30 minute sessions in the afternoon. I am beat.

They are not supposed to be keeping our times but they were making sure that their timing system was working for the races tomorrow so they were clocking us and gave us the printouts at the end of the day.

I thought I did very well finishing in the top four every session with no off course issues. These were our best lap times for the 2.5 mile course.

Z06 Vette - 2:06
Porsche 944 Turbo - 2:10
Shelby AC Cobra - 2:13
Me - 2:15

The Porsche, Shelby, and I were consistent each session with our lap times.

Averaging 67 mph over the entire course is pretty darn good in my opinion. I am happy.

Plenty of people taking pictures so I will try to find some.

Later.

Skip

Glad you had a good time on the full course :pbj

For reference, the last times I have for the 2.5 mile course was a best of 2:01. I could have gone faster, but there were no PT's running that day for me to follow.

Back