• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Progress

stump

I'm to the point where even if they only rearrange the dust it seems like progress... At least today there was a new grill.

inshop.jpg

extra002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The grille looks real nice Gary. Wait till you start driving it and have to pick a million dead bugs off of it. It'll only be that clean once, enjoy it!

"daveSanborn" said:
The grille looks real nice Gary. Wait till you start driving it and have to pick a million dead bugs off of it. It'll only be that clean once, enjoy it!

At the rate they're going it will look like this for a very long time...

Very Nice. The car has come along way, and its one to be proud of for sure. Even if its not a coupe :boo. Seriously though, whats the name of that color?

"lethal289" said:
Very Nice. The car has come along way, and its one to be proud of for sure. Even if its not a coupe :boo. Seriously though, whats the name of that color?

Here's the coupe...

LeftQuarter.jpg

12-22-06rtquarter.jpg

12-20-06ltquarter.jpg

12-22-06quarterprimer.jpg

DSCN1491.jpg

wiringharness024.jpg

HorseRace6.jpg

Sorry, wrong ponies...

"daveSanborn" said:
Gary,

Have you decided to put that 64.5 back together?

Well... That’s a good question. The addition of the '66 has certainly distracted us from making that decision... As you know, I "happened" on the Fastback when looking for someone to finish the car for me. I’d finally, after about 12 years, come to the realization that I was never going to finish it on my own. I had every intention of getting rid of the coupe, but once the new garage went up I didn't see the urgency... So, to answer your question, I don't know yet. Meanwhile, I start it once a week and occasionally take it for a spin down the driveway.

A little more progress. The end is in sight...

March10-11.jpg

Not my wheels...

March10-6.jpg

March10-2.jpg

March10-1.jpg

"68bucks" said:
Nice Car! The floor work looks really clean, did you do it yourself?

Nope! My role in this rebuild is to write checks. I learned my lesson from my 12 year, and counting, '64.5 coupe rebuild...

Back