• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project updates: What did you do over the weekend?

We know Sluggo took his car on a shakedown cruise. What did everyone else accomplish this weekend?

I finished the wiring on my gauge cluster, well all but the tach and set it in place and snapped a picture or two. I also installed both kick panel speakers, ran speaker wire to the trunk for the amp. I started to put in the kick plates, but the carpet will have to come back out once the engine and tranny are in. I also bought my Optima battery...

2_11_08_08_6_59_47.JPG

2_11_08_08_6_59_15.JPG

541371_433_full.jpg

I went to Mustang memories, 500 some odd Mustangs, a swap meet, big event. Bought a Aluminum cobra oil pan, but I think I'm going to flip it. I got it for a good price so I'ma just dump it and enjoy the profit.

dscf0790as4.jpg

What did you do over the weekend?

I can tell you what I didn't do.... I didn't take the largest freakin' picture in the world and load it up here.

Damn Waffles, could that pix get any bigger? Nice find though...

You do realize that those ole Cobra T pans for a 302 will not work on a 351W, right?

"daveSanborn" said:
What did you do over the weekend?

I can tell you what I didn't do.... I didn't take the largest freakin' picture in the world and load it up here.

Damn Waffles, could that pix get any bigger? Nice find though...

You do realize that those ole Cobra T pans for a 302 will not work on a 351W, right?

Small penis, large picture

Waffle,
Please reduce your pics before uploading them.

The only car project stuff I did was to submit my suspension list for Shag to OpenTracker, Otherwise drove Red on Saturday and drove the goat yesterday.

Other project was trying different BBQ chicken receipes. Now that's important ~fing

Not much of a project, but I went to a distillery tour AND tasting Saturday. They make mostly vodka (Hanger One) and some special limited production whisky and brandy that was awesome.

As for gearhead stuff, I spent 1/2 a day working on my 67 F250 pickup (the Mustang is still in paint jail).

2379107_27.jpg

I'm prepping to do a roof swap. The roof on my cab is completely rusted along the drip rail, so instead of trying to patch it, I'm going to attempt my very first roof replacement job.

2379107_30.jpg

I purchased an old cab ($150), and I removed the doors, back glass & windshield. Then, I broke out the sawzall and cut the roof off. I cut it off with plenty of pilar, because I don't know exactly where I'm going to make the precision cut to match the other cab yet.

If anyone has done this type of job before, I'm all ears for your tips & tricks!

Just leave it a convertible, your in CA. ~huh If your not chopping the height of the roof line I would think it wouldn't really matter as it should line up, its when you chop that you change the angles of the pillars. But I'm no expert, but I have stayed at a holiday inn express.

Cool truck BTW. ~thu

Since my weekends are 7 days long, I could go on forever. As it is, I finally got the blankity blank 2 bbl carb on my '68 working. Two rebuild kits and such fun. First kit had a bad economizer valve. That caused all kinds of surging and poor running plus the bowl would drain between runs. Got a second kit and it had a bad acc. pump. Kits were bought at different stores also. Now, the car runs pretty good.

Whoa what a bunch of little girls about pic size. Jesus, go buy a better monitor. Pic is 1024x768 and if the is bigger than your resolution than why don't you trade in that craplousy crt for a new flat panel with decent resolution. then find something else to cry about.

Dave, I'd heard that, but it wasn't verified. How come???

Fair enough... didn't even cross my mind. Didn't really pick it up for myself anyway, so not terribly concerned. :)

"napaguy" said:
Gonna chop it?

Nope. Keeping the standard roof height.

I just wanna fix the drip rail rust... replacing the roof sounded a lot easier than patching the drip rail area.

The only project I had to do to my car this past weekend was to check and see if I still had that HOOtie girl perfume smell in the back. ;D All bbut gone now. guess I gotta make a trip to HOOters for some new pics!

finished installing the new distributor, coil, ignition box and redid most of the engine bay wiring. Wrapping up the front end lighting wiring, getting ready to install the relays to control the headlights. ~h2

Terribly forgot. I also trimmed the hairs coming out of my ears. It was that or braid them ;D

I too trimmed the ear hair. Get a haircut about every three weeks, trim the ear hair about every three days. What gives? I did alter my console idea and now have more work. Better to change now that later when everything is purty.
From this...
65mustang023-1.jpg

to maybe this...
BeckysMustang093.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The first pic is a red X, the second one, can you get a big gulp in that cup holder? The portion coming out of the dash seems as if it will make it difficult to use the cup holder. Looks cool though!

Back