• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Put the whammy on a coyote today.

Flysure1

I put this here hopefully no one is offended, my buddy from south Georgia is up visiting for christmas and he and another friend got together for breakfast at my house this morning and then we took off in his Escalade and road tripped looking for coyotes to shoot, I hit one that I could say was 200 yards away minimum, (they guessed 250) The fur is not worth much this year so we never went to retrieve him, they kill a lot of small game and have gotten a couple of our cats also. That was the only one we saw in 4 hours---saw about 30 deer. I am sure it looked like a gangster hit when the rifle popped out the side window of the caddie lol----police wouldn't have been impressed I am sure. we were off of public road but I think it is still a no-no to shoot from a vehicle---shhhh

Yea, well once I shot a coyote on a dead run while we were driving on a bumpy road at 40 mph with a bow!

I don't have a pic so it must of happened, right?

No pic, it is just bragging!

Mel

"Flysure1" said:
---police wouldn't have been impressed I am sure. we were off of public road but I think it is still a no-no to shoot from a vehicle---shhhh

I'm pretty sure that's a no-no, especially in Illinois. However that sounds like a blast! What did you shoot it with, .223?

.243, 100 grain I have a remmington 760 pump, tasco scope, (don't remember the specs on it)not a common caliber in a pump, I have had it 40 years and it looks like a new gun, probably had less than 50 rounds through it, I shot at a target at 50 yards monday afternoon, I hit the edge of a 1 inch bullseye while leaning to steady myself, it is pretty accurate but the shot today was 80% luck.

BIL and I used to go out after a snow and pop the mangy coyotes, it made the ranchers happy. That was back before cell phones took pics though.

I've shot a few of them in my day.

We used to be able to go hunting for free because one of my step-dad's old rodeo buddies he'd known since their high school days had a big place north of here. We used to go hunting in the morning and then spend the afternoon helping him work cows, mend fences, etc. to "pay" for free hunting. Part of the job was keeping the 6 mm close at hand for any Coyotes that were spotted. People running cattle hate the buggers.

In Texas...it's illegal to shoot from a county road but any roads that are private on your own property are fair game.

pfffftttt! you go coyote hunting and see 30 deer.

I go deer hunting, see no deer. But, we did rid my buddys farm of two coyotes :coo

Back