• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Putting epas and tilt on 65 that needs new steering box.

spitse

I am having a shop put in my epas system in my 65 mustang. It came with a ididit tilt steering column. My steering box is bad they say and need replacement. Can I get a short shaft steering box replacement for the 65 if putting in tilt? If so what outside the box would I needed?

I’d like to not keep thinking about the spear with the long shaft. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you can but not 100% sure. You might want to get in contact with Chockostang he should be able to tell you for sure.

http://www.chockostangclassicmustang.com

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Well update. Everything is
Good. The steering box had a bearing in backwards so it was flipped and all worked well. The electric power steering is sweet. So nice. The shop was hesitant before putting it in and now they are sold. I was told they will be suggesting that system to everyone on the older cars. Once they had it figured out they felt it was a brilliant system. Was fun seeing old car guys go from negative to positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had it for three years on my 67 and I love it. I just cut my gearbox spear-o-matic and ground it to a D shape for a connector. But anyway glad they hooked you up!IMG_0228.jpg

Back