• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Question: Interior side panels position......

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
...in relationship to door opening's pinch on windlace.

When in position, does the lower quarter trim panel, upper vent panel and metal trim sit up against the side of the windlace or do they partially cover the windlace. When roughing mine in, both sides have the tendacy to partially cover the windlace.

I'm not exactly sure this is what you mean, but on my coupe the windlace runs behind the metal door sill trim, the plastic kick panel and the metal panel next to the back seat.

On 65/66 fastbacks, the windlace does not cover the quarter panels. I believe in 67/68 they changed over so that it does cover the metal flange and the quarter panels.

Neglected 68, this is only fastback related due to the amount of panels in the back.

Midlife, just to clarify what I'm after, here's a pic I took of the upper vent panel. As you can see the upper half's front edge resides to the side of the pinch windlace. Then the lower half starts wrapping around the front of the windlace. Should it wrap around or stay straight up and down and remain to the inside edge of the windlace?

4_05_09_10_6_31_15_0.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow! That's some serious mis-fitting! I would arrange it so the windlace abuts the top piece and not have the top piece partially overlay it.

Back