• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Question - Rear Quarter Vent assembly - 67 FB

Johnny M

I am in the process of working on some of the interior parts of my car and I was checking out my interior vent assemblies yesterday. The rubber seal on them is pretty bad and i want to replace them however i am struggling to find somewhere that sells the rubber seal only. I tried NPD and Laurel mountain but no joy.

Does anyone know where i can pick them up. I am also missing the drain pipe on one side but i am sure i can find some replacement hose that will work on that.

Johnny

struggling to find somewhere that sells the rubber seal only

Use some closed cell foam.... should be available locally as it's used for sealing home windows/doors. The key is to keep moisture from passing between the box and the body... and also not to trap moisture within the seal itself.

Yeah, what Dave said. I had the same issue, and from what I can tell the rubber gasket for the air box to interior sheetmetal is not reproduced in the aftermarket. I just picked up some closed cel foam, cut and glued strips along the air box edge, then installed it. Not that my car will see a lot of rainy weather driving, but I think it'll work just fine.

Johnny, I have those drain tubes. You can have them for free if you want them, just pay my air fare I will bring them over. LOL Rich.

"mustangstofear" said:
Johnny, I have those drain tubes. You can have them for free if you want them, just pay my air fare I will bring them over. LOL Rich.

Thanks Rich.

I am currently trying to pull an order together. i will be in touch once i get it sorted.

Johnny

Back