• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Questions for you vert guys and car audio

mmw68

I need a new Radio/head unit for the vert. I've got a Alpine IDA-X303 ipod control unit in my truck for year and love it. But on very sunny days - even with the tinted windows, I can't see it. So I was planning on getting the same unit for the vert - but that's not going to work.

Any one have a suggestion on a what they are using?

Thanks - Mark

cd_alpine_ida-x303.png

I feel your pain. I had an old digital unit that yellow numbers that lit up on the face. Heck, I not sure they've made these in a couple of decades, it did work well on bright days. Other than that, you may need to look at some type of hood over the unit. It can be magnetic or have some type of temporary attachment.

Keep your eyes on the road, and listen to the V8 harmony.....I dont even turn my stereo on in the Mustang......

funny you should say that, I really don't miss a radio. But, the other day on a long drive back from the car show... tunes would of been nice.

I don't have a convertible. But, I have a secrect audio and it works great. You can mount the controller anywhere
or use velcro and stuff it under the dash if you want.

Back