• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Quote of the Decade

carlizard

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does, indeed, already exist: It's called Prison."

---Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona Sheriff's Office---

Except that is not this liberal's paradise. My version of paradise is: a comfortable income and home, good food and drink, lots of books to read and music to hear; good friends and family. Don't paint all liberals with the same brush and I won't paint all conservatives the same way as well.

And prison is not free; on average, it costs $28.9k/year for a federal prisoner and $26.1k/year for a Community Corrections Center (both in 2011). Each prisoner loses liberty, free-will, choice of companions, etc. Some prisoners have to pay restitution for their crimes as well.

It seems to me that prisoners do not pay for their care, it's free, and that it's another taxpayer burden similar to welfare benefits. Further, those on the government dole give up many of the same liberties as prisoners, such as choice of health care providers; location of housing; choice of jobs; choice of good food and drink and if they work they give up benefits. Another example would be Rep. Alsee Hastings D. (Fl.) who says "...that his salary of $174,000.00 per year simply isn't enough to live on and as a member of the US Congress he deserves a raise". I won't paint all of you with the same brush as well, but in many cases enough is enough!

Back