• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

R Mustangs in San Francisco???

tarafied1

Anybody heard of or done business with R Mustangs?
edit**Richard Mori**
1168 Bryant Street
(between 10th St & Dore St)
San Francisco, CA 94103
l.jpg

I bought a rebuilt diff from them and all I get is excuses. I'm getting pretty fed up with the guy

Will we all pay him a visit ??? CMAYNA first , he is a local so he must speak the language !!

No kidding !

Whats up ? Diff is wining ?? Had the same with the true trac I bought but after 60 mls or so , it was gone .
Break in period ??

No I bought one, or paid for one, some time ago. It hasn't been shipped. He won't answer the phone. I think I have been ripped off!!!

Maybe you can call a business in that neigborhood ??
I googled maps and see that TLC Glass Inc is his neighbor ??
phone 415-863-7600
Maybe that can help.
Wish you luck.

Wow, looks like it's the greatest Mustang shop around, or Rick has a lot of friends. Search for the business on Yelp, and read the filtered reviews.
The only non-five star review is a one star review from someone else who hasn't received his rear end. I seem to remember reading a review of this place on VMF, from a new member who had just joined to gush about this place that no one had heard of.

Frank

I did a search and found this:
rmustangs.com
Language:

The domain rmustangs.com may be for sale by its owner!

Wait! You bought a rear end from San Fransicso? If that doesn't sound so :homo

But on a serious note, I have never heard of this place until after reading this post. Yes, it looks like their website is closed, though I wonder if it was ever live.

I'll give you a call Craig. I bought the rear on eBay. His add says they ship within 48 hours of auction closing. It's been at least a month. I paid thru PayPal on a "Buy-It-Now" full price. He gave me a bogus tracking number. Then no responses to email and won't answer the phone. We put a dispute claim in with eBay. He finally responded that it was ready to ship and he was sorry he was behind. That was last week and still not shipped and not responding to email again. eBay says we have to try and resolve ourselves until the 15th. we have called and sent numerous emails. I guess we see if eBay will help after the 15th. I need this diff (or A diff) for the Power Tour. My junkyard diff is clunking real bad. I should have just bought the parts and rebuilt it myself. Now I have close to a grand tied up that I may never see. :rant

Just make a dispute by Paypal.
they have some kind of insurance and will pay you back.
Or am I wrong ??

"tarafied1" said:
I'll give you a call Craig. I bought the rear on eBay. His add says they ship within 48 hours of auction closing. It's been at least a month. I paid thru PayPal on a "Buy-It-Now" full price. He gave me a bogus tracking number. Then no responses to email and won't answer the phone. We put a dispute claim in with eBay. He finally responded that it was ready to ship and he was sorry he was behind. That was last week and still not shipped and not responding to email again. eBay says we have to try and resolve ourselves until the 15th. we have called and sent numerous emails. I guess we see if eBay will help after the 15th. I need this diff (or A diff) for the Power Tour. My junkyard diff is clunking real bad. I should have just bought the parts and rebuilt it myself. Now I have close to a grand tied up that I may never see. :rant
Damn. Really sorry to hear this. Good news is you will be protected in the end by using Paypal (E-Bay). Unfortunately, that doesn't get you the part you need now.

"tarafied1" said:

went thru the exact same thing a few yrs ago over a tranny. give me a call & i'll give you a few ideas that worked for me.

Thanks everyone! Especially Craig!!! He called and the guy answered! While I was talking to Craig on the phone my wife called the guy again and he finally answered. My wife said he told her he screwed up and was really sorry. He offered to pay us $100 (refund) and ship today. I will let you know if that happens. We are protected by eBay and PayPal. We filed with both. eBay says we have until the 15th before they get involved and PayPal says to go thru eBay first.
If he ships like he said I should be okay. If not, even if eBay and/or PayPal take care of us, I still need to get the rear diff apart and see whats wrong.
Bruno it's just the diff/pumpkin/chunk. I bought a junkyard diff last year because I broke the original diff. I have a 3.70 diff I got from Rick but at $4 a gallon that's not a good option (plus it's noisy). The diff I put in is an open. It's acting like it has a spool. Inside tire spins when I turn and occasionally makes a loud pop and the car jumps. I think spider gears must be broke.
The diff I'm supposed to get is a 3.25 Traction-Lok built with New Currie parts. I thought 3.25 was a good compromise. The 3.70 is too low and 3.00 is just a bit tall.

Hi Craig, Hope everything turns out OK, with eBay you should be covered.

A couple of months ago I mentioned to you that I purchased 3rd member for the PT. I thought I purchased it, eBay also. I didn't get it through R Mustang but the guys name (according to paypal) was Richard Mori, pretty sure from California. I paid the same day I won the bid and weeks later I still didn't have the product. First excuse he was out off town on a emergency and son didn't ship it. I did get a tracking # after that but nothing was there to track. He said he was shipping next day and again nothing, the last excuse was UPS lost it, yeah sure. I filed a claim with eBay and that same day the money was back in my account. I was pissed and worried that I lost the money but eBay came through. Not sure if it's the same guy but sounds like it could be.

Hang in there, things should work out.

By the way just purchased another 3rd member today off eBay. :char

Back