• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Random thoughts on the Noobies on the VMF

ZFORCE

I don't surf the VMF as much as I used to, but it just seems to be full of NOOBs that don't have more than 20 posts...and their advice is like the blind leading the blind. Also, too many "drive by" members that take one or two potshot threads and are gone forever. Ah...now I feel better.

Yep, that's what it's like. I'm still on there several times a day because I'm a moderator, but it has changed considerably.

Re: Re: Random thoughts on the Noobies on the VMF

"65wildstang" said:
I surf on occasions and have noticed a difference. Wasn't aware of a buyout? When did this happen?

Site was sold back in 08 I think.

Glad to know it wasn't just me that took notice of this. I check the posts once or twice a week just to see if anything useful happens to appear (which isn't very often!). I haven't posted ANYTHING there in over a year now!

I hadn't been there in years but recently stopped by as I do miss some of the awesome posts from back in the day. It was horrible!

Don't get me started on the "buy out" it still pisses me off. I donated several hundred dollars to that jack ass over the years.

I stop over there occasionally. The site's too slow for me... Seems like there are some old names there still though

I cut my visits down when the donations were made and he came up with that Shelby soon after. Kinda made me glad I didn't make one after that. I'm reading the one post from the mod and custom forum about the MII conversion and I'm waiting to see if anyone posts the video of the claimed caster problems with it. After reading some of that forum,it's nothing like it was back in the day.

I think I am one of the noobs there and here also, I find I spend more time here and also prefer SF over VMF. Being a noob I try to not give advice but I sure do ask for it, Thanks to everyone here on SF for your help!!! :wor

I post a little over there and a couple of other Ford forums. What I find is there is a lot more traffic on our posts compared to Stangfix.

For a brief moment I was a member of VMF but then I was invited by " a certain person " to have a look at StangFix.
I have never left SF since then.
Well balanced forum where not only the mustang plays the center roll but also the people behind their ride/rig .

If I can take this moment for one remark : We have to find a way to involve more youngsters to the fix .
IMHO of course

Banned? :wtf
Bobby1a.jpg

MtFujiwithBike.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I still lurk on the VMF, mostly the Nor Cal section and 'for sale' threads. I rarely post over there. I made multiple donations to VMF, incl right before the sale. Afterwards felt like I was ripped off.

I go there every now and again, and I've gotten into a couple of "discussions" with a few of the members over bad info.

It's definitely isn't what it used to be.

I've been checking back lately mostly out of boredom. The forum is still not very useful because it marks all the posts as read after I read a couple posts. Very annoying.

Back