• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rear Lower Quarter Panel

Has anyone used the 67-68 patch on a '66?
I have a pair of 67-68 lower quarter patches I got in a bunch of new sheet metal parts last year. I have been looking online and there seems little difference in the 65-66 vs 67-68 patches. Just curious if anyone have put 67-68 in. I am redoing the rear frame rails, trunk floor pans, and the brace that is behind the tail light panel. My quarters are shot anyways I was curious if I could make the patches work instead of buying 65-66 ones. I am not looking for perfection but alot of fabrication would be a hassle.
Thanks

the 67/68 got wider but mostly thru contouring the body. The floorpans are basically the same. That being said I would think it would be a lot more work than it's worth...

I think they have a lot more curvature than a 65/66 which is kinda flat. There is also a little crease like shape on the 67/68 that is not on the 65/66 and wheel arches have a much bigger and curvy bulge. I could be wrong but comparing my 67's to my dad's 66 they look to be significantly different shapes

I only have the internet to judge by. Mine weren't done right by the PO so I have no reference here. I might take the panel to a guy at work who has a '65 vert and see what it looks like compared to his car. I figure the trunk drop offs are the same so that part at least matches. :shrug

Back