• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rear Shocks.....suggestions?

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Any suggestions on what is a decent shock.
I've got Edelbrock's...not sure if they still are in that business anymore...that I put in over 20 years ago.

Do I need to rip out my rear interior to get for installation?

Bilstein Street shocks made a tangible difference in the "69 Mach 1. Picked them up from Opentracker along with some other suspension and steering parts a few years ago.
IIRC, you do not need to gut the rear interior. Rather the fixed floor panel between the folding seat back and the trap door needs to come out to access the upper shock mount nuts. I think 4 screws hold it in place.

These cars were designed for hydraulic shocks like QA1 or Viking, however many people like the ride from gas shocks like Bilstein's. If you go that route you will probably want the "Street" version.
Eaton (who may have made the OEM springs for your car) says they should be hydraulic. There may be some conflict of interest there since he also sells hydraulic shocks.
I guess it depends on the ride, so get lots of opinions. I've still got hydraulics and have never tried gas shocks.

Who says you need shocks ? If you have hydraulics and they have no visible oil leaks , the only thing you can do is to go to a business who has a testfacility.
Maybe you need leafsprings ??
My 2 eurocent.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Any news regarding the rear suspension ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Oh I'm in no rush. My last car show for the year is in November, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. So maybe some time after that.

Back