• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rearview mirror

Could/would a glass&mirror place replace the mirror for my rearview mirror? My mirror has some staining on it. I ordered a new one, but it came as one piece and I really dont want to take the piece that is mounted to the windshield off and reattach the new one. I was thinking I could leave the arm on the windshield, but the new one was one piece and could not be taken apart. I guess I could shop around and find a "correct" piece, just thought it may be easier/cheaper if they could do it. any ideas?

I looked into something similar a few years ago. The price to 're-silver" an original mirror was not cost efficient. Is this what you're getting at?

that or just replace the mirror/glass. It seems as if its just inside the black rubber frame piece. All the repo ones I've seen are one piece units where you have to use the whole thing. Since mine mounts to the windshield and that piece is still stuck on there, I'd prefer to use that and the existing arm and just replace the mirror it seld.

I have these
0060957.jpg

0002362.jpg

But most replacements are like this, and they are one piece, which do not allow you to use your existing arm

0002375.jpg

Glass shops I have dealt with in the past could knock out the old and replace with new mirror glass with no problem. Cost was pretty low if I remember correctly.

Send this guy a message. He runs the Fomoco Forum, which I've been a part of since '01. Just don't have a heart attack when he tells you what he wants for it. He makes his living selling NOS and good used Mustang parts, and he knows what they're worth. I want to say he said $60 for a rear view mirror for my '67 a couple years ago, and someday I'll get around to buying it. I go to him when I want something to actually fit the way it's supposed to.

Back