• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

remedy?

I just crawled out from under the car, installed the re-pop back up lights, anyhow, the plugs on the harness where they go into the trunk drop offs are smaller than the stock ones and do not hold tight. Whats the best way to fix?

If you're saying the electrical connection gets made, but it just won't hold cuz the female is bigger than the male :doh , what about some heat-shrink electrical tape around both connectors?

I think what he is talking about are the rubber grommets that allow the wires to pass through the trunk drop-offs.

Usually, the repro grommets are larger than the holes, and have to be shaved down. If the holes are too big, perhaps you can find a flat grommet and make a hole just large enough for the wire grommet?

"Midlife" said:
I think what he is talking about are the rubber grommets that allow the wires to pass through the trunk drop-offs.

Yeah, thats what I meant. I was thinking of a few things, first, since no one will see them once the trunk is finished out I could wrap a zip tie around them on the inside or even one of those brake line fittings since the grommet is notched to cath on the sheetmetal once it goes thru.

I was thinking of a few things, first, since no one will see them once the trunk is finished out I could wrap a zip tie around them on the inside

Obviously, great minds think alike.... this is exactly what I did when I encountered the exact same problem installing aftermarket backup lamps on my sons '68.

Back