• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Remodel...and it starts.....

Doing a good job taking pictures. Now you know where the studs are. Even if you do not mount your flatscreen above the fireplace, it is a popular place. Good time to make connections and support for future use.
So you are moving from the 70’s to the 20’s. :cool:

fd

Big screen is upstairs. Nope no connections to be done there. Next remodel I'm sure such things will not be needed. It ain't my problem.

Ok, now get back to your porch and yell at the kids to get off your lawn. ;)

fd

Anyone doing a remodel/construction these days with the prices of materials has my respect and envy. I'm also envious of adiosing that fireplace, mine has about four tons of bricks in it. That's one good thing about modern fireplaces, easy to change the look. Good luck with the project!

Heh, wondering why a certain Mustang hasn't crept off in the night from neglect. Turned 57 this year and not even a birthday. I'm sitting in a big empty house in blazing hot California going, yeah, that guy's got the right idea doing a home remodel and God bless him for the energy.

What's weird is I tossed the dirty dishes this morning into the 53yo Hobart that still works and was thinking why toss it and put a new one in if it still works. Why remodel?

I talked to Toni recently and she lamented she's kinda 'stuck' since Vince passed. I kinda feel stuck too. It is better at the Oregon place, do like tinkering there. Hopefully in this hot real estate market the place in my sig pic will go and I'll be a forest dweller permanently.

Hope the project goes well.

The serious demo started on Wednesday. Baseboards and carpet upstairs out. Today its downstairs carpet and kitchen & foyer tile.
Some added lighting going in also.
A masonry guy came to work on the fireplace hearth.
P1320789.JPGP1320793.JPGP1320808.JPGP1320809.JPG

Can't hurt to bring your home up to todays standart. It will sell more easly when the time has come. Hopefully it will be outdated by that time !!! LOL
Next project at my place will be the heating system. Heatpump probably.

As for me , I give my kids the chance to get good education , remember them on a regular base to use their common sense , and when having a job, don't stop to improve your situation at the time.
They can always count on my help and advice, but they have to do it on their own .
That way they mature rapidly which I can't say about their friend or their generation. Their generation is a generation that is spoiled. The men are boys and the girls are women today.
At my age I only have to learn to spent more money !!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Any design concepts put together for the new look? Are you planning to retain the fireplace but change the facade of it?

I haven't kept up with all the fireplace stuff, where my CA place is, we can, last I checked, still use them to heat the house if there's no natural gas service. Mine has a fan-forced insert that does a great job of that and with the drought I've been cutting down dead trees on the property and feeding it the past few winters.

In the vaulted ceiling, what is that rectangular hole cut out of it? Access to run some electrical?

You'll see the design as it progresses. Lights over the stairs is the reason for the hole. Or if in the hallway it would be the big hole for crawl space access.

Well we're contributing to the economy.
Things are going back together and we start thinking maybe we should do some 'while we're at it' s......
So we got a new toilet for downstairs, new faucet there too. Also an new garbage disposal. Plumbers installed all yesterday.
Today they reinstalled our old microwave and for some reason the lighted numbers were barely visible. It was installed over 20 years ago....gone through 2 handles and a another I made myself. Vent on top was brittle and not hanging on that well. Control panel was also acting weird.
So off to Lowes and buy a new Micro.
Almost done.

Back