• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Resurrect Captain America

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
Ok, Captain America is a 67 coupe with a 289, T5, painted black cherry with black interior.

My plan is to bring him back to his former glory and then some.

1- front disc brakes
2- power steering
3- new stereo
4- update the AC
5- add Eaton truetrak to the 8"
6- sort out the garage gremlins from sitting
7- turn signal hood

I'll post up the pics of him when we got him and when he was done the first time and now and as we go.

It's been a long time since I did a build so not sure how fast it will go, but here we go.

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Power steering, I used a 96 Isuszu Trooper box. It's the same that borgeson uses for there boxes. It does take some fab skill, but it can be done for 100 bux or so.

Power steering, I used a 96 Isuszu Trooper box. It's the same that borgeson uses for there boxes. It does take some fab skill, but it can be done for 100 bux or so.
How much fab skills and what needs to be done?

Mel

It doesn't bolt in so holes have to be drilled. Also the pitman arm has to be spliced together. Some don't like that idea.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Holes no problem. Pitman arm would be an issue. I don't have the equipment.

Hmm. Maybe EPS...

Mel
I like the EPS on mine. From under the hood you can't tell it has PS. No pump, hoses, leaks, etc. If you are crafty you can use the Saturn Vue parts and save a bunch of money. I bought a kit that still needed some fab work on the column and mounting brackets but it was well worth the money to me.

OK we got some front end parts, I ordered the disc brake conversion today so my next free weekend I'll move my new project out and star tearing down the front end and rebuilding it.

I plan on doing some detailing while it is apart.

While I'm under it I plan on fixing the speedo cable as well.

I am excited, I just hope I can remember how to take it apart.

Mel

OK, cleaning out the garage so I can do the front end and brakes.

So when I get the Captain done, I get to start on this yet unnamed toy. 67 Camaro.d94ea5813ac667b0dadb383655e67849.jpg47729e9fb68daa9e7b131c0af206cebf.jpg

Mel

Someone else named the Captain, so any ideas for the Camaro?

Um, if it didn't already have a new engine in it, I would make a Fomaro.

Mel

I was thinking if it was going to need an engine of a stroked 351 W, a 5spd and a 9" Trak Lok. All Ford drivetrain. Really piss off the Chevy boys.

I hate it when they stuff an inferior 350 in an old Ford just because they don't know how to move the oil pickup and change the sump on the pan.

Mel

I love the view you have Mel!!!
and yes on the Ford drive train in the Camaro. I don't know if you remember Alex on here, been a while since he posted but he has a friend with a 351, top loader and 9" in a 67/68 Camaro.
Picture 110.jpg Picture 111.jpg Picture 113.jpg

I like it.

That part of my view is the worst on the property.

I love it here but we want to downsize. It only took 10 years and 400k to convince my wife we don't need all this!

Easy come easy go.

I can't wait to finish the Captain so I can start on the orange grouch. It seems everywhere I look there is a cut wire or missing piece or new leak.

I just have to take a deal breath and wait until I'm done with CA. Then take it one step at a time.

1- prep for paint
2- have her painted
3- rewire what is bad. Probably everything
4- replace the TH350 with a T56
5- interior
6 drive it like I stole it.
7- race Amber in CA

Mel

Back